1. Originally posted by LikeASong:Ultraviolet is a box of lyirical surprises ♥

You bury your treasure
    Where it can't be found
    But your love is like a lifeboat:
    It gets passed around

(1:30)

I don't know if Bono gets emotional at 01:46 after realizing how brilliant of a verse that is or if he laughes at it, but the whole scene is fantastic.

[YouTube Video]
    Best performance of UV imo
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Ultraviolet is a box of lyirical surprises ♥

You bury your treasure
    Where it can't be found
    But your love is like a lifeboat:
    It gets passed around

(1:30)

I don't know if Bono gets emotional at 01:46 after realizing how brilliant of a verse that is or if he laughes at it, but the whole scene is fantastic.

[YouTube Video]

Brilliant! Thanks for posting this. Love this era and hope they revisit it again.
  3. i love this performance too, his vocals are amazing.
  4. Well you obviously have a more trained English ear than I do But I think he says lifeboat. It's a beautiful change. "Your love is a lifeboat"... Love is all we have left!
  5. In talk of the early demos or sound checks of AB in the other thread I thought I go listen to the kindergarten versions of this album. Listening to this one with It being stripped back and having bono being solo on lyrics and not produced to the original, I love hearing the raw power of his voice in this, especially in the second chorus of this kindergarten version of Ultraviolet. I find that some songs in the latest studio records have lost that rawness in his voice and too patched up at times.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well you obviously have a more trained English ear than I do But I think he says lifeboat. It's a beautiful change. "Your love is a lifeboat"... Love is all we have left!
    Surely he says light bulb because he just messes up
  7. He says ‘lightbulb’ too early (Your love was a lightbulb hanging over my bed) instead of ‘secret‘ and even acknowledges it by putting his hand over his mouth.
  8. I was watching the Earls Court footage of UV and man that might be the most intense and underrated Bono performance of the song ever. He kills it at every chance and he’s slamming the mic and shit it’s fantastic.
  9. For reference, this is the (incredible) performance Kirk is talking about. Man, they truly were on fire that night week month year

10. Great version, thanks.
    Never heard that one before.

My favorite is still 2009-07-07 - Milan.
    1:51:54 and forward is superb, intense, passion and feeling.

I really miss Bono from 360 tour, he was on fire then.
  11. When Bono starts slamming the mic I audibly went “wow”
  12. He's got some incredible moves there, really feeling the song!