1. Ah nice one, didn't know this existed, great song.
  2. One of their best songs ever with one of the worst videos they've ever recorded

PS. I embeded the video in your post, no problem?
  3. Red Hill Mining Town was to be the second single from The Joshua Tree. This, per my conversation with Steve Averill in 2003 - when he as at the R&R Hall of Fame.

The artwork was to be the picture of Bono that was later used for "In God's Country" (and "One Tree Hill" in Australia and New Zealand).

The story goes that Kirty Macoll (sp?), Steve Lillywhite's then wife, LOVED "I Still Haven't Found..." and between her and a few other 'insiders', convinced U2 to release "I Still Haven't Found..." as single # 2.

Also, Bono was finding it hard to sing Red Hill... during the tour rehearsals.

Both of these ended Red Hill... from being a single.

As their video budget was used for Red Hill, that is why I Still Haven't Found... was the low budget, yet highly effect, video that it is.
  4. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Red Hill Mining Town was to be the second single from The Joshua Tree. This, per my conversation with Steve Averill in 2003 - when he as at the R&R Hall of Fame.

The artwork was to be the picture of Bono that was later used for "In God's Country" (and "One Tree Hill" in Australia and New Zealand).

The story goes that Kirty Macoll (sp?), Steve Lillywhite's then wife, LOVED "I Still Haven't Found..." and between her and a few other 'insiders', convinced U2 to release "I Still Haven't Found..." as single # 2.

As their video budget was used for Red Hill, that is why I Still Haven't Found... was the low budget, yet highly effect, video that it is.

Interesting stuff
  5. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Red Hill Mining Town was to be the second single from The Joshua Tree. This, per my conversation with Steve Averill in 2003 - when he as at the R&R Hall of Fame.

good stuff
    now it all makes sence
  6. awful!

This video is simply stupid and uninspired. Maybe not the real but the best reason why they didn´t release this great song as a single! U2 was the greatest rock band during the 80s with the worst videos. This video is the best proof.

7. I liked the video
    and it fits well with the other JT videos

8. Originally posted by yeahPretty nice song. Also the black and white scenes in the video are great. But the band/colour scenes are so corny that I could hardly watch the full video.
    At the end of the day, the holy grail is just a plastic cup...

Agreed. Larry clearly deserves an Academy Award for his emotional performance.
  9. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2[..]

Larry clearly deserves an Academy Award for his emotional performance.

LOL!!! Sure he does!
    Overall, nice video, good ideas, but it came out a bit weird :-|

10. Originally posted by yeahPretty nice song. Also the black and white scenes in the video are great. But the band/colour scenes are so corny that I could hardly watch the full video.
    At the end of the day, the holy grail is just a plastic cup...

i'm on the same boatasyou. Not a fan
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979

Another little known fact is that it was Kirsty MacColl who chose the running order for JT. Her system ? Simply put her favourite track 1st and worked down to her least favourite.
  12. Originally posted by Dougiel[..]

Another little known fact is that it was Kirsty MacColl who chose the running order for JT. Her system ? Simply put her favourite track 1st and worked down to her least favourite.

Good choices. But if Streets was number 4, or so? Would't make no sense at all.