1. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    it's an Edge quote, so not a fact necessarily; first he's talking about a few days of finishing the album as a turning point, which corresponds with what Lillywhite said. Then he's talking about weeks going by after they shot the video. If Edge only mixed up With or Without You with Still Haven't found it would fit better into the other quote's and assumed facts. It wouldn't be the first quote of any of the band members where they mix up the facts a bit. But maybe you're right, I'll do a bit more research on this later today.
    I'm not saying I'm right, I was just going by what I've always thought happened. I think it was U2byU2 where heard this story first, and then Edge confirmed it a few years ago in an interview with that quote I just posted. Whether it happened like that or not is not up for me to decide or state though.
  2. I know. Apparently there are some contrary reports on this one. I'm sure I've read about it in the past (even pre internet) in some magazines and/or books. Also wikipedia is mentioning the Still Haven't Found single as the one that took the place of RHMT (I know wikipedia also is not always right). So I'm just a bit surprised with Edge's quote. I don't want to be pigheaded and deny the facts, but just not convinced yet.
    Anyway, I think there's always a lot of things going on when finishing an album and make the decision about order, singles etc. Apparently it was nothing different for the Joshua Tree.
  3. TJT was the best sequenced album of U2's career.
  4. RHMT is my favorite song on TJT. But certainly not song for a first single. The clip is quit dull.