1. That would have been a great gift. It's never going to see retail release (unlike Red Rocks for example), so why not.

I'd suggest it to them Noam, say we at U2Start are not happy....
  2. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

And you'll have to introduce us to your sources, because getting tickets in the UK without a pre-sale is a virtual mightmare

No special sources at all. Just don't panic when the concert is "Sold Out" after 10 minutes. There'll always be tickets that go on sale later. Also keep checking ebay, the longer you wait the better the prices get most of the time. Also it's always worth a try to go to the concert without tickets. A lot of people are selling tickets there. If you're ready to wait until the last minute you'll get a good deal.

As for Milan as fanclub release: Wasn't there a problem with the electricity during one of the nights so that there isn't full footage of both nights?
  3. Originally posted by djrlewisThat would have been a great gift. It's never going to see retail release (unlike Red Rocks for example), so why not.

I'd suggest it to them Noam, say we at U2Start are not happy....

how about a special U2Start release?!
  4. Originally posted by yeah[..]

No special sources at all. Just don't panic when the concert is "Sold Out" after 10 minutes. There'll always be tickets that go on sale later. Also keep checking ebay, the longer you wait the better the prices get most of the time. Also it's always worth a try to go to the concert without tickets. A lot of people are selling tickets there. If you're ready to wait until the last minute you'll get a good deal.

As for Milan as fanclub release: Wasn't there a problem with the electricity during one of the nights so that there isn't full footage of both nights?

Thanks for the info; you're right, I've always tended to think that's it if I lose out on the initial sale. Sage advice and I shall keep it in mind for next time.

Didn't know about Milan, it would certainly explain the limited footage released to date.
  5. Originally posted by NoamTG[..]

how about a special U2Start release?!

6. U2 Go Home?!! That's even stupider than the previous gifts...ow my god! They are the biggest band in the world and yet they have the crappiest site!!

7. I bet that next year new subscribers will get a fantastic gift...Live in Paris'87 on CD! Wow.
  8. Originally posted by yeah[..]

Only the first 45 minutes of the first night is missing. Not a reason though since Vertigo, Elevation, IFW are also complete and only from the 2nd night.
  9. Originally posted by yeah[..]

what if you get false tickets?
  10. Originally posted by djrlewis[..]

Me too...

I admit. that is the only valid reason to renew...
  11. I thought it´s the party-month for Joshua Tree. And they recorded so great concert of this great tour. I hoped u2.com to give us one of these.

I ask myself who decided to give us Slane which we all have as a rip.
  12. when you look at it as i do...people pay €80 or more for the cd on ebay and you suscribe again for 25 ish ...its worth it and fro anyone who tried...just think how bloody hard it was to get melon?????[a propaganda release from the 90s]and you will see it is worth it.....i normally buy all the singles too.....that means every version...which in the case of walk on a few years back was 7 different cds/dvd!! for the limited edition cd its worth it...hey could be worse...we could get zip!