1. Originally posted by Timk68:Yeah good debate , Stones website is free and you get ticket priority/ notifications etc.
    I'd rather that than some crappy "gift" for $50
    Well, I don't think The Stones are a good example in this case. The fan club pre-sale code for those who registered at the website was only for the last tour. Basically anybody could get the code, so it was not much different from a regular sale. I (together with many many other people) got the pre-sale code for the first shows a couple of hours AFTER the pre-sale, so in fact for me and all those people it was actually worse than a regular sale. With the U2 membership you still sort of know that you will be able to put your hands on good tickets, even though a very limited number of them. The Stones fan pre-sale proved to be completely useless for me, I got my tickets in a reglar sale, which was no problem, since they were "luckily" ridiculously overpriced. With normal pricing I wouldn't have a chance.
    And as far as I know, there used to be a paid membership many years ago and every now and then there is still a debate on the Stones' forum that people never got the gifts... So yes, the U2 sysyem is crappy, but compared to The Stones we still get a great value.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    You’re spot on about them not being free. Someone had argued that point before about them being a ‘gift’. I did do ok this year with the code and it saves a bit of the hassle of worrying about getting a ticket but if it was really a gift then it would be free to join u2.com in non tour years and you would still receive the ‘gift’ because apart from the gift you don’t get anything else or certainly not anything to the value of the subscriber fee.

that someone was me maybe? well, I only sign up for tickets and the gift is just a bonus. For me it's pretty obvious that the special things will be released commercially or kept behind for a possible future commercial release and fanclub gifts will always be something without much value in a nice package. I think everyone should really consider it a gift and not pay 40 or 50 dollars and expect something special. Anyway, there's no one who forces you to resubscribe.
  3. Mine is underway, how long between mail and receiving?
  4. The next gift should be a U22 but from the i+e tour and the e+i tour. So many awesome songs played during these tours.
  5. Yes, all 22 of them.
  6. Or a blu ray with all the E songs on it
  7. ROTFLOL