1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    Sound was badly mixed for a lot of the tracks Bono sounds like he is in a cave I'd say the sound engineers were given a minimal budget to play with, however the live disc on TJT deluxe from MSG was fantastic it must be only the commercial releases that get the full treatment
    Is it a matter of budget or a matter of not giving a shit?
  2. I thought that way about from the ground up: edges picks. Too much echo, still loved it though
  3. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Since the gift isn’t limited to the ie and ei tours themselves (The Little Things from TJT), I sincerely hope we get a promo tour version of Every Breaking Wave and the Dreamforce performance of California. Electric version of The Best Thing from TJT would be preferred as well...

4. I think the echo gives it more of a live feel, it’s quite a loud mix as well I feel. Maybe technically it doesn’t tick the boxes but it just sounds what I’m looking for from a live mix, I understand people with more trained ears might be looking for the mix to be technically better which is fair or people who just have a different idea of what they want from the mix. I’m liking the sound of the new tracks as well.
  5. As a study in mixing, track down the Daniel Lanois of Sometimes (stadium mix). It's quite an interesting listen. Sadly, I can't find it online.
  6. Is it wishful thinking that they might use the window between the Singapore general sales tomorrow and the japan general sales in a few weeks to announce this gifts tracklist and shipping details? Feels like we were getting there with the last 2 downloads but understandably the tour is grabbing all the attention on u2.com right now. Might just wait until japan’s complete too. Just throwing some thoughts out there.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Is it wishful thinking that they might use the window between the Singapore general sales tomorrow and the japan general sales in a few weeks to announce this gifts tracklist and shipping details? Feels like we were getting there with the last 2 downloads but understandably the tour is grabbing all the attention on u2.com right now. Might just wait until japan’s complete too. Just throwing some thoughts out there.
    But it's still early 2019, right? So don't panic
  8. I just got my copy of U2 3D. They shipped it during 1988.
  9. 7 days left of early 2019 by u2.com definitions lol. To be fair I’m over the whole on time thing that I brought up a few months back, I’m also not feeling too impatient at the moment, there’s so many u2 things around the corner it’s actually quite nice looking forward to them all but obviously the sooner we get it the better still. Just thought there was some logic to using a gap in sales to bring the gift back to the news sections but they might want to wait until Japan and possibly a 2nd show in Melbourne have went on general sale at least. We’ll see.
  10. I've totally lost track of what I'm still waiting for gift wise.
  11. Yes me too