1. Originally posted by CraigFairlie:The idea of the fan club gifts are fantastic in theory. However, they're poorly executed in practice.

Plans published on the site often don't go to plan.

Instead of saying it'll be ready for 'X month', why not just say something like 'Coming in 2019?'
    You can't take anything U2.com say literally.
  2. I think at this point most of us know this but we aren’t wrong to criticise the site for it. They have at least acknowledged that they were late on this occasion and apologised although offered up no explanation as to why ‘technical issues’ doesn’t really cut it. They need to be more clear with fans when they think things are running late and why things are late. Other bands can continuously release stuff not too long after the gig, whether it’s the physical item or the digital item. Before people point to u2 being perfectionists I don’t think that’s an explanation here at all. They’ve released dvd’s commercially sooner than they’ve put together this cd set. They’re not creating a brand new song they are editing existing recordings and they had the freedom to chose which versions of songs so they could use ones that didn’t need to much work to fix mistakes etc. I think most of us would have even been happy to get the downloads first and if we had to wait longer for the physical item fair enough but why keep us waiting for both? It’s the lack of communication that bothers me most though as opposed to not actually having the songs, I can wait 5 or 6 months longer than I thought but I would like to have an honest reason as to why I’m waiting longer especially when they’re the ones who originally specified the timescale. Just to add further they actually lied to us a few months ago, ‘mixed, mastered and making its way through the pressing plant’ they said this a couple of months ago yet it doesn’t seem it was at that stage then at all.
  3. yes... when you add one year to promised date, you will be probably very close to the truth...
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think at this point most of us know this but we aren’t wrong to criticise the site for it. They have at least acknowledged that they were late on this occasion and apologised although offered up no explanation as to why ‘technical issues’ doesn’t really cut it. They need to be more clear with fans when they think things are running late and why things are late. Other bands can continuously release stuff not too long after the gig, whether it’s the physical item or the digital item. Before people point to u2 being perfectionists I don’t think that’s an explanation here at all. They’ve released dvd’s commercially sooner than they’ve put together this cd set. They’re not creating a brand new song they are editing existing recordings and they had the freedom to chose which versions of songs so they could use ones that didn’t need to much work to fix mistakes etc. I think most of us would have even been happy to get the downloads first and if we had to wait longer for the physical item fair enough but why keep us waiting for both? It’s the lack of communication that bothers me most though as opposed to not actually having the songs, I can wait 5 or 6 months longer than I thought but I would like to have an honest reason as to why I’m waiting longer especially when they’re the ones who originally specified the timescale. Just to add further they actually lied to us a few months ago, ‘mixed, mastered and making its way through the pressing plant’ they said this a couple of months ago yet it doesn’t seem it was at that stage then at all.
    they took the politics language as theirs and obfuscation is on their daily schedule...
  5. Originally posted by ap5:Every live version of Cedarwood Road should have the “Can Edge come out and play?” line otherwise it is just a waste of a recording.
    I agree. That was such a nice little addition to the song.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It’s not really difficult to understand, I find the 2018 version of iris inferior to the 2015 version. It’s not really as much a reworking of the song but rather just shortening it I feel so why would I want a shortened version of a song I love over the full length version. If they had transformed the track like they did with New Years Day last year or The Fly for the elevation tour I could maybe understand the appeal but it’s just shortened. I agree they could have given us a different version of cedarwood road but at least it was good in Paris.
    Eh, I can see both sides of the fence on this one. On one hand, I definitely prefer the 2015 versions as Iris is one of my favourite U2 songs and I think they nailed it perfectly. On the other, I would say the 2018 versions were a reworking and not just a shortening - removing the 'free yourself' ending to avoid overlapping with Lights of Home within the show and moving the 'something in your eyes' lines to the end worked well, I thought, and I didn't mind the slightly faster tempo either. I guess it kept the 2015 and 2018 Innocence Suites from being EXACTLY the same... but I didn't see either one in person, so what do I know, eh?
  7. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:[..]
    Eh, I can see both sides of the fence on this one. On one hand, I definitely prefer the 2015 versions as Iris is one of my favourite U2 songs and I think they nailed it perfectly. On the other, I would say the 2018 versions were a reworking and not just a shortening - removing the 'free yourself' ending to avoid overlapping with Lights of Home within the show and moving the 'something in your eyes' lines to the end worked well, I thought, and I didn't mind the slightly faster tempo either. I guess it kept the 2015 and 2018 Innocence Suites from being EXACTLY the same... but I didn't see either one in person, so what do I know, eh?
    My post was more a response to the not being able to understand aspect. If someone likes 2018 iris then I can respect that and if you see it as a reworking I can respect that as well. I was just explaining that it shouldn’t be difficult to understand why myself and others prefer the 2015 version and would rather have that on the cd. At the same time though I should point out I’m not really complaining about it being on the cd as such I’m saying what my preference would be but the fanclub gift isn’t catered around only my wants so I can respect there decision to include it, I would just enjoy it more if it was the 2015 version that’s all. And I mean all that respectfully in case it comes of a bit matter of fact or whatever lol, I’m genuinely not going for that just explaining myself.
  8. It's all opinions and tastes people All opinions and tastes* are equally valid

* Except if you like Grace. Then there's no forgiving for ya.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:It's all opinions and tastes people All opinions and tastes* are equally valid

* Except if you like Grace. Then there's no forgiving for ya.
    Apologies, but Grace is quite nice.
  10. I got no problem with grace. Reminds me of Christmas time, when ATYCLB was new and I was a wee 18 year old.
  11. Grace has a heavenly calming effect on mind. I like it quite a lot.
  12. Grace