1. This may have been mentioned already so I apologize if so, but I am kinda bummed they kept the fade in fade outs between every song. I was hoping they did that just for the initial downloads so they didn't sound weird but all songs are like that.

I wish they had made it sound like one continuous show. The fades take me out of it every time. Other than that minor complaint this set is great.

Now they need to have a companion release with all the other songs performed. Similar to From the Ground Up.
  2. Originally posted by unclejosh:This may have been mentioned already so I apologize if so, but I am kinda bummed they kept the fade in fade outs between every song. I was hoping they did that just for the initial downloads so they didn't sound weird but all songs are like that.

I wish they had made it sound like one continuous show. The fades take me out of it every time. Other than that minor complaint this set is great.

Now they need to have a companion release with all the other songs performed. Similar to From the Ground Up.
    Then we would had to wait another 11 months, lets just be happy this came out.
  3. Certainly the best subscriber gift since I started paying the fee a few years ago.

Somewhat surprised they chose so many songs that were barely played on the tours, but happy to have it!
  4. Originally posted by unclejosh:This may have been mentioned already so I apologize if so, but I am kinda bummed they kept the fade in fade outs between every song. I was hoping they did that just for the initial downloads so they didn't sound weird but all songs are like that.

The editing on U22 was atrocious
  5. Just received my 2CD booklet with the live tracks from Songs of Innocence and Experience. Really great package. Audio recordings sound great. I had downloaded about half the tracks previously, but hearing the full 23 tracks was great fun. I'm reminded that "Songs of Innocence" is a really great album. It's a shame they botched the release (w/ iTunes) five years ago.
  6. Ah, still sounds much better than the fade in and outs between every song in my opinion.
  7. So glad it's finally here! The downloads at least...still waiting on the physical release. "American Soul" was always the weakest SOE song for me but this live version is a stomper...so good!

Has anyone else encountered an error with the fade out between songs? The full downloads from U2.com today seem to fade out with about 10sec left before the track ends, only to have it be silent for a moment before the crowd noise comes back and it fades out again.

My iTunes has been wacky as of late, so maybe it's just me?
  8. Originally posted by peacetreaty93:Just received my 2CD booklet with the live tracks from Songs of Innocence and Experience. Really great package. Audio recordings sound great. I had downloaded about half the tracks previously, but hearing the full 23 tracks was great fun. I'm reminded that "Songs of Innocence" is a really great album. It's a shame they botched the release (w/ iTunes) five years ago.
    Botched by being free?
  9. Originally posted by jnatzke11:So glad it's finally here! The downloads at least...still waiting on the physical release. "American Soul" was always the weakest SOE song for me but this live version is a stomper...so good!

Has anyone else encountered an error with the fade out between songs? The full downloads from U2.com today seem to fade out with about 10sec left before the track ends, only to have it be silent for a moment before the crowd noise comes back and it fades out again.

My iTunes has been wacky as of late, so maybe it's just me?
    I had this issue once when I replaced the artwork.

Are you a Mac user?

iTunes / Music seems to have a problem there.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250369620

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/itunes-add-artwork-glitch-corrupting-mp3-files.860820/

If so, just redownload the files. And if you edit tagging, especially artwork, use a different editor, e. g. Kid3.