1. So people, I already received the live CDs and they are very nice.

But maybe you can help me. I got the "your subscription ends in 30 days" email and they are asking me to renew, while offering again the same gift.
    Is there a way to tell them, no I don't want this gift, I'd like to subscribe to get the next one?
  2. Originally posted by DerBFreund:So people, I already received the live CDs and they are very nice.

But maybe you can help me. I got the "your subscription ends in 30 days" email and they are asking me to renew, while offering again the same gift.
    Is there a way to tell them, no I don't want this gift, I'd like to subscribe to get the next one?
    You are not alone here (just scroll back a few pages in this thread).

Some of us have contacted U2.com and they have said that we should choose the current gift but then immediately send them a message stating that we want the new gift for 2020 instead.

I'm saving their email about this just in case there are any issues.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    You are not alone here (just scroll back a few pages in this thread).

Some of us have contacted U2.com and they have said that we should choose the current gift but then immediately send them a message stating that we want the new gift for 2020 instead.

I'm saving their email about this just in case there are any issues.
    They should have make option of 2020 gift even if it's not announced yet. It was like that before. But I want too much from them - it's U2.com
  4. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    They should have make option of 2020 gift even if it's not announced yet. It was like that before. But I want too much from them - it's U2.com
    The silly thing is that they probably already know what the next gift is. Why not announce it? Even if its like minimum info, better than this. This just sucks and is also bad for them as many fans probably won’t renew because of this.
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
  6. It never ceases to amaze me how badly U2.com repeatedly handle this when they know:
    - there is a subscription gift to plan for every year.
    - they've got 12 months to plan it and that it's effective from 1 January
    - the work needs to be wrapped by 30 November at the latest, if not before
    But it frequently hits them like it's a complete surprise.
  7. I’ve still got a few weeks left on my subscription but I got the email recently to say it would expire in 30 days so I emailed them and said exactly what a few of us have been saying about having a 2020 option even if they didn’t know what it is yet just to let us chose that option at least. I also explained it’s been more than a year since the last gift was announced so I wouldn’t be the only one in the position of having to chose a gift I already had and I also explained that I knew they had told others to choose the 2019 option but they would exchange it for the 2020 gift but again stated it would be better to have the 2020 option. All I got back was they don’t directly control when and how the website is updated. Well that’s fine pass my email onto the people that do and let them respond to me. They really are a shambles considering the level u2 operate at the website are a long way behind.
  8. I bet the next gift is going to be another thing like Edges picks. They had a lot of tracks that they rarely play and it would be a shame to not have an official release. I know that’s been said before
  9. Let's assume that you don't renew your subscription..

What will happen if a tour is announced in a year or two?
    Probably if you are now a long time subscriber you will lose your privileges and get your status (for example red hill or experienced member) downgraded..
  10. Is U2.con sorry .com still run by Larry's auntie's best friend's window cleaner or something like that?

Awful site - in this day and age it's embarrassing for the biggest band in the world.

...and they don't offer any concert downloads
  11. It will be Apollo
  12. There was this subscribers special about Anton Corbijn at U2.com, but without any song, just Bono talking. I commented this but I don't think they will post it;-)