1. 4K Stream download muxed with DVD audio is the way to go. Too bad they couldn't offer a Blu-Ray, so fans had to make the "definitive" version with the different sources available.
  2. assuming that the DVD audio is better than the 4K stream audio. Is that so? I personally do not have received the dvd yet, So cannot compare yet.
  3. Slightly in line with the topic, does anyone know if the remix of The Miracle at the end of dvd is available anywhere?
  4. Also interested in this as I've been looking for a while now.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:Coldplay didn’t release there last gig physically in anything better than dvd. I think for higher definition streaming is going to be the only option in the future. The physical releases are mainly for collectors and most collectors will buy in whatever format they can get.

Neither did Depeche Mode on their Delta Machine Release.

And now? Look at the Spirits In The Forest Release.

They learned their lesson and so will U2.

I mean, seriously, INXS remaster a concert from 1991 in 4k and release it even as a 4k-Ultra-HD-BD and U2 offer only DVD?

Even if the picture quality isn't that bad, it's ridiculous.
  6. Here’s a good explanation here about why blu ray’s aren’t always being released now. A physical 4K release would make even less sense since most people don’t have a device to support it. They’ve done a good job with this dvd really no complaints at all. Perhaps they should have offered the streamed version as a download though, I think for the cost of a subscription there was no reason not to but most people have figured out how to download it anyway.
    https://www.filmstories.co.uk/features/the-quiet-reasons-why-more-companies-may-be-shying-away-from-releasing-blu-rays/
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:Here’s a good explanation here about why blu ray’s aren’t always being released now. A physical 4K release would make even less sense since most people don’t have a device to support it. They’ve done a good job with this dvd really no complaints at all. Perhaps they should have offered the streamed version as a download though, I think for the cost of a subscription there was no reason not to but most people have figured out how to download it anyway.
    https://www.filmstories.co.uk/features/the-quiet-reasons-why-more-companies-may-be-shying-away-from-releasing-blu-rays/
    Not only this but they know they have an older subscription base, who likely haven't graduated to the 4K format. I myself haven't, and probably won't. My jump will be from Bluray to streaming - still happy with my 1080p TV and just have never felt the need to upgrade. I don't see me ever buying into another format. And with DVD you've pretty much covered everyone who can play a disc.

We asked about 1000 people what technology they had in their homes a couple of years ago. 90% said they could play a CD. Only 48% could play a vinyl at the time. All of a sudden all the complaints we see when the fan club does vinyl made sense. People weren't able to use them. I'm willing to bet far more can handle a DVD than any other disc format...
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:Here’s a good explanation here about why blu ray’s aren’t always being released now. A physical 4K release would make even less sense since most people don’t have a device to support it. They’ve done a good job with this dvd really no complaints at all. Perhaps they should have offered the streamed version as a download though, I think for the cost of a subscription there was no reason not to but most people have figured out how to download it anyway.
    An argument made by an obscure website.

Could find plenty of counter websites on the opposite side of the argument.
  9. It’s not really an argument it’s reasoning on why people aren’t releasing blu rays. It’s not an opinion it’s a fact that some films/concerts aren’t being released on blu Ray and this is giving us some indication why. I really don’t see the issue with dvd quality when it’s as good as this one is. Fair enough if we’re comparing one of the older DVD’s with a blu Ray, there’s clearly a big difference, the DVD’s back then don’t really seem made for today’s technology understandably. But the E&I dvd is perfectly good.
  10. Originally posted by vertigo05suug:assuming that the DVD audio is better than the 4K stream audio. Is that so? I personally do not have received the dvd yet, So cannot compare yet.
    Yes much better. Surprisingly there is high resolution audio. The 5.1 track is also much better, as the one in the stream is too loud and clips
  11. I don't think it has been but check U2songs for certain.
  12. Originally posted by Cask:[..]
    Yes much better. Surprisingly there is high resolution audio. The 5.1 track is also much better, as the one in the stream is too loud and clips
    I agree of all the complaining (mostly by myself) about the lack of extras, not being on Blu-Ray... I do have to say that I did enjoy the audio mix of this show... sounded great coming out of my tv and sonos speakers.