1. And there’s me hoping for a U2 party night next weekend
  2. Anyone want to guess at the 2021 gift?
  3. Salome Tapes on DAT
  4. How about a JT tour live 2 cd set?
  5. That would make sense for the current cycle but l don't even know up from down anymore.
  6. I agree, either that or something to do with Achtung Baby 30th anniversary... hoping for CD of a Zoo TV concert that isn't Sydney (maybe Stockholm, Yankee Stadium NY, or Washington DC) with remastered audio. Unfortunately that's probably wishful thinking... I'll take a live JT 2017 CD set.

7. I sent two different emails to U2.com about 2 different problems I have and they resolved both within 24 hours.
  8. Since a couple of days back they're emailing past subscribers to warn them that their subscription is due in a week... Even to those who don't have an active paid subscription anymore It's a cheap, old strategy. 2020 has been quiet in the U2 front and 2021 is probably going to be just as quiet with no tour in sight, so they're probably fearing a big, big drop in their subscriptions. They're going to struggle with the figures. So answering your two (TWO!) inquiries within a ewek makes sense in this strategy of trying to keep their clients happy.

9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Since a couple of days back they're emailing past subscribers to warn them that their subscription is due in a week... Even to those who don't have an active paid subscription anymore It's a cheap, old strategy. 2020 has been quiet in the U2 front and 2021 is probably going to be just as quiet with no tour in sight, so they're probably fearing a big, big drop in their subscriptions. They're going to struggle with the figures. So answering your two (TWO!) inquiries within a ewek makes sense in this strategy of trying to keep their clients happy.

[image]
    Let’s hope they make up for it being a non tour year by giving us a great gift. They’ve done well the last 2 years. I know people complained about the Berlin show being dvd and not blu Ray or 4k but it’s been a substantial amount of live material 2 years running, keep that coming please. I wonder if they would make the heartland concert documentary the gift. By the time we get it they could still put it out in cinemas and how long are they really going to want to wait to release it so it is an opportunity and would likely be appealing to a lot of people. There’s AB’s anniversary as well next year though and there’s also the opportunity just to release something random as it seems like the next move is a bit unknown and the ‘songs’ era is over.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Let’s hope they make up for it being a non tour year by giving us a great gift. They’ve done well the last 2 years. I know people complained about the Berlin show being dvd and not blu Ray or 4k but it’s been a substantial amount of live material 2 years running, keep that coming please. I wonder if they would make the heartland concert documentary the gift. By the time we get it they could still put it out in cinemas and how long are they really going to want to wait to release it so it is an opportunity and would likely be appealing to a lot of people. There’s AB’s anniversary as well next year though and there’s also the opportunity just to release something random as it seems like the next move is a bit unknown and the ‘songs’ era is over.
    Historically that's been the case: non-tour years have seen the best gifts, while tour years have had less brilliant presents. But in this case, since they're likely going to see a huge drop in the number of subscribers, I wouldn't be surprised if they opted for a super lame gift lol

About the "Songs" era being over, though... I'm still confidenthopeful they'll release Songs Of Ascent
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Since a couple of days back they're emailing past subscribers to warn them that their subscription is due in a week... Even to those who don't have an active paid subscription anymore It's a cheap, old strategy. 2020 has been quiet in the U2 front and 2021 is probably going to be just as quiet with no tour in sight, so they're probably fearing a big, big drop in their subscriptions. They're going to struggle with the figures. So answering your two (TWO!) inquiries within a ewek makes sense in this strategy of trying to keep their clients happy.

[image]
    They didn't release the Berlin show in the usual commercial way, so I think it's a good thing they make this offer. With the current dollar rate it's just over 30 euro's for a dvd, which is not that far of a normal dvd price. Combined with the other advantages (HD streaming) I think it's worth the price now, so I'm probably going to take it (it's cheaper than Ebay or Marktplaats). Also it's good to start lining up already for the next presale (getting in the Red Hill/Experience group). Maybe there won't be a tour for a long time because of Covid, but if there is they might have to scale down capacity quite a bit which of course won't make it easier to get tickets.