1. Originally posted by miryclay:"doesn’t matter if its a show that’s already been broadcast or not but the fact it has been broadcast makes it worse."

Huh?
    Doesn’t that make sense to you? Any show or live set offered on u2.com should be available to download straight away but the fact the Apollo show has been broadcast makes it worse that we don’t have the downloads straight away because anyone who wanted to could have listened to it already. If it was a show that we’d never heard in broadcast quality before then it should still be available to download but it wouldn’t quite be as bad as making us wait for a show that has been broadcast.
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:Admittedly, I hadn’t been listening to very much U2 over the past couple of years so the Apollo show was off my radar.

I can appreciate that it’s a disappointing release to some. Where a 1992 show???? Next year?
    I don’t find the release disappointing, I’m happy to get the complete show officially, that’s a good gift. What I’m not happy with is we’re at 3 years after the show nearly, people who want to hear the broadcast version can for free in full (minus RFD) but as a paid subscriber we’re only getting 3 songs just now officially. There is absolutely no good reason why we can’t subscribe and receive downloads instantly.

As for next year I’d love a 1992 show, fingers crossed they keep up the live releases at least.
  3. Well I certainly didn't, had it been the audio from the Berlin or the Paris DVD's I'd understand the disappointment as fans would have heard and seen them many times.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Doesn’t that make sense to you? Any show or live set offered on u2.com should be available to download straight away but the fact the Apollo show has been broadcast makes it worse that we don’t have the downloads straight away because anyone who wanted to could have listened to it already. If it was a show that we’d never heard in broadcast quality before then it should still be available to download but it wouldn’t quite be as bad as making us wait for a show that has been broadcast.
    Dean, if you added more commas and periods your post would be clearer.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t find the release disappointing, I’m happy to get the complete show officially, that’s a good gift. What I’m not happy with is we’re at 3 years after the show nearly, people who want to hear the broadcast version can for free in full (minus RFD) but as a paid subscriber we’re only getting 3 songs just now officially. There is absolutely no good reason why we can’t subscribe and receive downloads instantly.

As for next year I’d love a 1992 show, fingers crossed they keep up the live releases at least.
    U2 own the rights to the songs and the broadcast. They can do what they want with them. Remember they were in the middle of a tour at that point. They also has to professionally mix them with care.
  6. Fair enough. I stopped worrying about grammar when I left university 8 years ago. (Without a degree I might add ).
  7. They sound great as a 1,2,3 punch.
  8. Originally posted by miryclay:[..]
    U2 own the rights to the songs and the broadcast. They can do what they want with them. Remember they were in the middle of a tour at that point. They also has to professionally mix them with care.
    They lose the right to ‘do what they want with them’ when they charge subscribers money for it. If they’re going to offer a service it needs to be good value otherwise you’ll get people complaining. So far for my £30 I have 3 songs to show for it. Mixing with care is no excuse either, Pearl Jam can release recordings not that long after they play the gig and the quality is perfectly good.
  9. Its a bad year to subscribe. I think they will make it up to us. At least the crew have employment.
  10. The subscription is only as good or bad as they chose to make it. They are in the position to dictate that with what they offer up to subscribers. But if people are honestly happy with 3 downloads from the show at this stage I’m not going to argue any further. I guess it should be no surprise they continue to do things the way they do them when fans don’t make any sort of demands or requests even.
  11. All the time we hear "we want more live music" and when U2 obliges, shit hits the fan. Plus the real incentive to subscribe here is the Berlin DVD.

Given that you know who is 30 this/next year we might be getting a Zoo related gift next year aside from AB30 release this year. (pretty please a AB30 tour in 2022/23?)
  12. U2 is 30?