1. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    I've no problem with them charging people with multiple subscriptions because they are just greedy selfish parasites who make it impossible for the rest of us to get tickets for gigs via the U2.com website when they tour.
    That’s a ridiculous thing to say. Any ticket in the hands of a genuine fan is a win for me. If you’ve struggled to get tickets you mustn’t be trying hard enough as there has always been tickets available if you look hard enough. It’s probably these same ‘parasites’ as you put it that when they can’t attend are happy to sell on at face value or less to another genuine fan. I should add that I’m sure there are some people taking advantage with more accounts who are happy to sell the fan club items for a profit and who sell tickets for a profit and I’m against that practice but I know there will be plenty of fans on this site that have multiple fan club subscriptions that just want the best chance of attending multiple gigs. As long as that’s the only way they’re benefiting then good luck to them.
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    I've no problem with them charging people with multiple subscriptions because they are just greedy selfish parasites who make it impossible for the rest of us to get tickets for gigs via the U2.com website when they tour.

What are you talking about? Last time it was slightly hard to get tickets was 2015 and only for some shows. In fact it's gotten to the point where it's often easier (aka less hassle) to get them through normal sale than presales haha.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Lots of Spanish fans are having to pay 6€ in customs in order to get the damn gift. It's so random because many others aren't. And even people with multiple subscriptions are having to pay to pick up some of the parcels but not for others Surreal.

It’s random here. Canada does not check all parcels coming in. It’s a spot check. I order a lot of stuff internationally and most of it comes through just fine without any charges. About 1/10 gets pulled aside for a closer look.
  4. Yup, fairly rando
  5. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

It’s random here. Canada does not check all parcels coming in. It’s a spot check. I order a lot of stuff internationally and most of it comes through just fine without any charges. About 1/10 gets pulled aside for a closer look.
    Yeah, it's random everywhere but with since Brexit came into place regarding customs (last June iirc) they're being pickier here. I order loads of stuff too, specially guitar-related, and I never had a problem with customs until June. I agree, around 10% of the parcels get checked -especially those coming from elsewhere but China. The U2 "gifts" officially ship from the US, right?
  6. All right....finally sat down and watched the Berlin show.....and I gotta say....."meh".............Up until EBTTRT it was good......even Acrobat was okay (though I think better on the album)......the whole second half was a bit of a snooze......nothing that was outstanding to me....I actually caught myself yawning on One / Love Is Bigger..........oh well........WGRYWH almost made it worth the membership.....
  7. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:All right....finally sat down and watched the Berlin show.....and I gotta say....."meh".............Up until EBTTRT it was good......even Acrobat was okay (though I think better on the album)......the whole second half was a bit of a snooze......nothing that was outstanding to me....I actually caught myself yawning on One / Love Is Bigger..........oh well........WGRYWH almost made it worth the membership.....
    And this one had the Zoo section. Imagine how it was with the original Innocence section. That's why i really don't understand why this tour is so highly rated. Only the last couple of shows were enjoyable. And even those were only enjoyable until Acrobat (ok, some might say New Year's Day was good, but i didn't like the new version. When i first heard it, i thought they made a mistake, but it seems they played it on purpose)
  8. It probably depends how big a fan you are of the new material. After Acrobat there was still another 5 new songs to go, all of which I liked. Then there was the different intro with pride which I thought worked well too and New Year’s Day was an excellent reworking imo. City of Blinding Lights is always one of my live favourites too. Only complaint was Bono letting the crowd sing most of One for him, it wasn’t a great choice of encore opener in general but apart from that I thought the rest was really good. The first half of the show was outstanding.
  9. It's true that after acrobat there is not much... except for NYD. Any of those new songs there aren't my favourites or are in bland acoustic version.
    And after watching Sydney a year ago (after long time) I can't go back to current slow medicore One...
  10. I still love One (the studio version and the earlier live performances) but they destroyed it on the ie and ei tours.

Edit: I’m not using “destroyed” in a positive manner here.
  11. Originally posted by RUMMY:I still love One (the studio version and the earlier live performances) but they destroyed it on the ie and ei tours.

Edit: I’m not using “destroyed” in a positive manner here.
    At least it was good early on JT2017 and a nice take at the abbey road show as well. Same with ISHFWILF 2017, really enjoyed hearing Bono sing it all and with the attempt at the album intro of the song then I think by some of the European shows the crowd were given the mic again. Thankfully when I seen them in London in 2017 Bono was still singing the lyrics to both.
  12. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    At least it was good early on JT2017 and a nice take at the abbey road show as well. Same with ISHFWILF 2017, really enjoyed hearing Bono sing it all and with the attempt at the album intro of the song then I think by some of the European shows the crowd were given the mic again. Thankfully when I seen them in London in 2017 Bono was still singing the lyrics to both.
    I’ll have to have another listen to some of those versions. I like hearing Bono sing - not the crowd.