1. for those who remember........i never received the Berlin dvd last year so i wrote and wrote to support@u2 etc......and after several mails it seemed i had the problem solved............cos they wrote they would have sent me another dvd.....
    i was happy for that
    yesterday i received an email telling me the gift was on its way... ....but a few lines after it was written Apollo cd + mask.....
  2. come u2 send the berlin dvd
  3. What if they released a Video Promo selections from the remastering YT project for the gift this year?
  4. That would be a terrible ‘gift’.
  5. I just don’t see the point in it. It would be a rerelease which the fan club is not the place for. I spoke recently about how great I thought the HD stream of vertigo Chicago was but it would still be a poor fan club item if they released that in blu Ray. Re released stuff should be reserved for commercial boxsets which still include some previously unreleased things that at least offer some incentive regarding the content in the boxset as opposed to just the packaging. The fan club should be completely previously unreleased stuff.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I just don’t see the point in it. It would be a rerelease which the fan club is not the place for. I spoke recently about how great I thought the HD stream of vertigo Chicago was but it would still be a poor fan club item if they released that in blu Ray. Re released stuff should be reserved for commercial boxsets which still include some previously unreleased things that at least offer some incentive regarding the content in the boxset as opposed to just the packaging. The fan club should be completely previously unreleased stuff.
    I would love it if the fan club was always previously unreleased stuff. But they have a long history of not being that.

U2 3D Dance Mixes was a copy of a promo from 30 years earlier. A promo that was going for about $10 on eBay at the time.

Duals? Although there was a couple of unreleased tracks, most of what was on that release was easy released.

Medium, Rare and Remastered? Everything had been released prior, although it was a bit of an upgrade as the audio had only been released on iTunes prior. Artificial HoriZon was a mix of previously released remixes and a few unreleased ones. The Zoo TV and Slane gifts were audio from commercially available video releases.

A lot of what they’ve issued over the years hasn’t exactly been unique.
  7. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]
    I would love it if the fan club was always previously unreleased stuff. But they have a long history of not being that.

U2 3D Dance Mixes was a copy of a promo from 30 years earlier. A promo that was going for about $10 on eBay at the time.

Duals? Although there was a couple of unreleased tracks, most of what was on that release was easy released.

Medium, Rare and Remastered? Everything had been released prior, although it was a bit of an upgrade as the audio had only been released on iTunes prior. Artificial HoriZon was a mix of previously released remixes and a few unreleased ones. The Zoo TV and Slane gifts were audio from commercially available video releases.

Very true, and most of they items were rotten. The zoo tv and slane ones I could just about accept but that was probably more down to me not having an understanding of ripping audio from a dvd back then. With all the great previously unreleased shows and even unreleased studio stuff they’ve done in the past recorded in audio and video for some live shows they have an easy fan pleasing solution available to give us every year. They’d be as well giving us a remastered cd of AB b sides next year for the fan club if they are going to pick out old stuff, that would be equally as disappointing as the videos idea.
  8. It’s on youtube!? What a stupid gift that would be
  9. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

A fresh airing maybe?

I would settle for a MR&R Part 2
  10. Originally posted by innuendo141:For anyone waiting in Ireland, here's 33 pages worth of people having issues with any package coming from outside of the EU.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058200515/an-post-returning-packages-from-outside-the-eu

An Post have put in a new system in relation to the new VAT charges that came in on July 1st. Only problem is, they are only accepting a very specific code and electronically ONLY.

Everything is being returned to sender immediately without notification if it doesn't fit the bill. I recently paid VAT as requested by An Post, for an item they then returned to the sender regardless. I was 4 weeks chasing for a refund.

Unfortunately, we are not in for an easy one here.

I think they might have it fixed now. I got an email and text message from An Post saying it will be delivered tomorrow (it was reshipped last week, on the 28th). Let's see....