1. Exactly the 2nd verse of UV in Milan 2009 has a raw energy (from "you bury" to "not cheap")...Bono keeps that during the middle of 2009 europe shows then he gave it up.

A part from that I also like the 360 way of sounding of the song but a zoo tv version would be good too ( please not a 2017 version)
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

Any evidence they weren’t happy with its zoo tv performances? I do prefer the E&I (and Apollo) performances but I think the zoo tv versions were still great, Bono had some better vocal moments on zoo tv but the band sound much better in 2018 for me.

I recall seeing it referred to in interviews. Here’s a quote I found online (lyricshall) - The band also has claimed they find the song difficult to perform in concert. Bassist Adam Clayton said, "It's a great torch song, with melody and emotion, but I don't think we ever captured it again and we have never really been able to play the song live." But mainly the evidence is there in the fact it didn’t really survive in its full band incarnation when the Outside Broadcast leg gathered momentum. There are a few ropey acoustic versions, the best I could find on this site is from LA, 30/10/92.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:Ultraviolet from Dublin maybe? Or love is blindness? Zoo station, one or Tryin to throw your arms around the world wouldn’t surprise me either but I think they’ll have some Dublin, Yankee stadium and Stockholm thrown in, maybe some Washington as well.

Safe to assume we can rule out the Dublin version of Tryin to Throw your Arms. Great and all as the version is, surely Adam won’t need reminding of a certain engagement that failed to make it up the aisle.
  4. Originally posted by TheRefugee:[..]

I recall seeing it referred to in interviews. Here’s a quote I found online (lyricshall) - The band also has claimed they find the song difficult to perform in concert. Bassist Adam Clayton said, "It's a great torch song, with melody and emotion, but I don't think we ever captured it again and we have never really been able to play the song live." But mainly the evidence is there in the fact it didn’t really survive in its full band incarnation when the Outside Broadcast leg gathered momentum. There are a few ropey acoustic versions, the best I could find on this site is from LA, 30/10/92.
    I think they played it an awful lot of times on zoo tv for it to be considered a song that didn’t work live. You don’t try it out 62 times in front of an audience before realising that. They didn’t look or sound like a band struggling their way through the song at Stockholm anyway.
  5. Originally posted by TheRefugee:[..]

Safe to assume we can rule out the Dublin version of Tryin to Throw your Arms. Great and all as the version is, surely Adam won’t need reminding of a certain engagement that failed to make it up the aisle.
    I’m hoping for Washington with that one which is a version that doesn’t drag on as long. Particular when we don’t have the visuals I don’t want to be hearing the same repetitive tune being played over again by edge with random crowd cheers to accompany it, just get on with the song.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:Wild horses - Stockholm
    One - Yankee stadium
    Zoo station & tryin to throw your arms around the world - Washington
    Love is blindness - Dublin

Concidering U2 have most concerts taped, why would u want well known soundboards? Maybe it’s easy for them to make the cd from tracks already released.

They want tracks from 3 decades, so
    UTEOTW from ie
    Wild horses ei
    Acrobat
    So Cruel maybe that’s the special one?
    From the 00’s maybe mysterious ways?

I don’t prefer the fast played real thing. Like the original live one for the 90’s and suits better with zoostation. One should be from zootv. And Bono does do the extra guitar in the fly wich sounds great (in the Dublin ‘bootleg’) or i should check the vertigo version?
  7. I personally loved mysterious ways from the Paris concert on the dvd from 2015
  8. Originally posted by Pipo:[..]

Concidering U2 have most concerts taped, why would u want well known soundboards? Maybe it’s easy for them to make the cd from tracks already released.

They want tracks from 3 decades, so
    UTEOTW from ie
    Wild horses ei
    Acrobat
    So Cruel maybe that’s the special one?
    From the 00’s maybe mysterious ways?

I don’t prefer the fast played real thing. Like the original live one for the 90’s and suits better with zoostation. One should be from zootv. And Bono does do the extra guitar in the fly wich sounds great (in the Dublin ‘bootleg’) or i should check the vertigo version?
    They only have all concerts taped from the vertigo tour onwards to a satisfactory standard to be released. Edge said as much himself so I’m just being realistic. I don’t think they’ll have many zoo tv options to pick from with that criteria it will pretty much just be shows that we already have in soundboard quality, perhaps they’ll have songs from shows we’ve only part soundboard’s of, stuff that was part broadcast but they might have in full in good quality but I wouldn’t be expecting a show that’s had no sort of coverage before now from zoo tv. It would be nice anyway to get some improvements in the audio over the soundboards we have. Any performance from Stockholm for example I’m sure they could bring up to a much better standard.
  9. Mysterious ways has to be a version with the solo and as with all the tracks not previously released.
  10. The Fly from Zoo TV or The Fly from Elevation (Charlotte!!!), then from Vertigo
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I think they played it an awful lot of times on zoo tv for it to be considered a song that didn’t work live. You don’t try it out 62 times in front of an audience before realising that. They didn’t look or sound like a band struggling their way through the song at Stockholm anyway.
    Dunno, I never thought it sounded great on zoo tv, a bit plodding. Must give the Stockholm version another listen.
  12. Agree! Mysterious Ways without the solo is not Mysterious Ways. I'm not a fan of the Zoo TV piano version so much either.