1. This is taking so long, I’m guessing it will be extra special
  2. Between this delay and the news that for the first time since 2016 U2 is not releasing anything for Record Store Day, one has to wonder if something is off behind the scenes.
  3. Originally posted by unclejosh:Between this delay and the news that for the first time since 2016 U2 is not releasing anything for Record Store Day, one has to wonder if something is off behind the scenes.
    We wouldn't be hearing about these Vegas plans and other tour plans for next year if something was actually wrong.
  4. Originally posted by unclejosh:Between this delay and the news that for the first time since 2016 U2 is not releasing anything for Record Store Day, one has to wonder if something is off behind the scenes.
    It's just clearing the road for the book and accompanying album, that's my guess. Maybe even for the rumoured next album. No distractors, just the news stuff to sell.

I think that spring/fall 2023 (depending on the album premiere date) will be the next RSD release
  5. Originally posted by grzeko:[..]
    It's just clearing the road for the book and accompanying album, that's my guess. Maybe even for the rumoured next album. No distractors, just the news stuff to sell.

I think that spring/fall 2023 (depending on the album premiere date) will be the next RSD release
    Yeah that’s what I’m assuming as well. If that’s when they are eyeing a digital release / announcement of new material then they likely don’t want to promote a second project as well.
  6. RSD releases hardly get promotion. Just a message on the website and the rest is done by RSD organisation.

And if the don't want any promotion by themselves but still want to sell out all copies available they could eaysily choose for a lesser amount of copies and still participate on RSD

But to be honest: i'm surprised they skip black friday, but i rather have bf skipped than the regular RSD as bf feels more like a bonus to me
  7. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:RSD releases hardly get promotion. Just a message on the website and the rest is done by RSD organisation.

And if the don't want any promotion by themselves but still want to sell out all copies available they could eaysily choose for a lesser amount of copies and still participate on RSD

But to be honest: i'm surprised they skip black friday, but i rather have bf skipped than the regular RSD as bf feels more like a bonus to me
    U2 have posted videos / social media posts leading up to each Black Friday, and usually make merchandise available as well. A Celebration had a T-Shirt, they’ve done prints as well for some. That’s the part I was thinking of. Yes they could just not do it.
  8. Anyone familiar with how to obtain a second subscription?
  9. once upon a time my gf and I both had a subscrption.