1. I'm not a subscriber, so I don't know what goes on over there, but here is the quote from Bono:

"You’ll have noticed the album is free to U2.com’ers from the band. It’s also free to everyone on iTunes thanks to Apple. To celebrate the ten year anniversary of our iPod commercial, they bought it as a gift to give to all their music customers."

Reading that, it should already be available to subscribers (assuming that's what he means by U2.com'ers). I wouldn't have thought it'd be just the album as a gift though, because you can pay $40 less and get it on iTunes.

But I have no idea really
  2. Originally posted by RUMMY:So with all of the hype around the new album(s) and tour, what do you think they'll "give" the fans for renewing their subscription?

Hopefully not another book.

(Have I mentioned before that I prefer music to literature from rock bands????)

I agree. No more books please.
  3. This may have been discussed in one of the many thread about the new album but it just donned on me: What the book they gave out this year intentionally meant to go with the new album? The whole theme of the early years seems quite prominent.

Could we suspects some sort of "experienced" book for 2015????
  4. Yeah, some people noticed the connection too. It's well thought. I'm sure the guys had it in mind when finishing up the album - even if there was still musical work to do, the basic "homecoming theme" was there for sure. I wish I could find the book without subscribing and without paying 60 bucks on eBay
  5. Now that they've released the album, I am considering resubscribing (I let my membership lapse due to the fact that the gift was merely a book). Right or wrong, I probably would have renewed in the first place if the book and album were released at the same time. In fact, I'm really hoping this Songs of Experience album gets released at the end of the year to coincide with some late-eighties/early-nineties literary document.

Maybe these guys really do know what they are doing.
  6. My ideal U2.com subscription is a CD/DVD or vinyl of a classic bootleg like Stockholm 1992 or LoveTown NYE (hint, hint if someone from U2.com is reading this!!)
  7. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:My ideal U2.com subscription is a CD/DVD or vinyl of a classic bootleg like Stockholm 1992 or LoveTown NYE (hint, hint if someone from U2.com is reading this!!)

If one had the time and/or patience to do so, he or she would find several posts of mine over the past six years that would show that I agree with you 100% - especially about Stockholm.
  8. Ahhh just thinking of Lovetown NYE on vinyl gives me goosebumps
  9. Originally posted by Genaro92U2:My ideal U2.com subscription is a CD/DVD or vinyl of a classic bootleg like Stockholm 1992 or LoveTown NYE (hint, hint if someone from U2.com is reading this!!)

or Dublin 93 and Sarajevo 97
  10. The show case in New York in december 2000, great rock and roll show!
  11. Anybody renewed for pre-sale access? Might have been tempted if the gift could be sold to cover the cost of the subscription but that doesn't seem to be the case with the book.
  12. Originally posted by germcevoy:Anybody renewed for pre-sale access? Might have been tempted if the gift could be sold to cover the cost of the subscription but that doesn't seem to be the case with the book.

I did. mostly for pre-sale, did/do not care much about the book...