1. Did anyone ever know that Stay was intended as a verse to be on UV? Amazing
  2. yeah Edge said that in an interview on the U Talking U2 to me podcast
    Eventually they thought it didn't quite fit in so they took it somewhere else
  3. Originally posted by dieder:[..]
    yeah Edge said that in an interview on the U Talking U2 to me podcast
    Eventually they thought it didn't quite fit in so they took it somewhere else
    Wow!

So now we can say Lady With The Spinning Head is the mother of 3 of the best U2 songs ever (Ultraviolet, UTEOTW and Stay - some would add The Fly too). Well that's fucking impressive.
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Wow!

So now we can say Lady With The Spinning Head is the (grand)mother of 3 of the best U2 songs ever (Ultraviolet, UTEOTW and Stay - some would add The Fly too). Well that's fucking impressive.
  5. Thanks to this Site I got to know that this great tune was performed for the first time when I was present. I had no idea; yet watching it now on Youtube, whilst I wasn't paying attention - obviously - Bono clearly states that they never had played it before (I do remember him saying Stockholm, though). Cool trivia for me on this Grand day (yup, stayed at the Grand Hotel with U2, looking at the crowd, so close but outside "our" bar...).

The Stockholms stadion is beautful, built in bricks for the 1912 Olympic games. Small size, but considered big at the time. It is located in a nice part of central Stockholm.
  6. My god, Bono's voice on the studio version.

Incredible.
  7. One of the few U2 songs that the album version is better than the live version

8. A gorgeous run of songs, love the acoustic version.
  9. Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast then back home

Miami, New Orleans, Sydney, to the rest of the world
  10. Yep.

Also, I don't buy that shit about Stay being a verse in Ultraviolet before it became a song lmao. I feel like that's something that would've been mentioned in At The End of the World, but I don't recall that detail at all. In fact, there's a chapter that walks the reader through Bono's writing of Stay, even gives a sort of play-by-play of him singing the first improvised lyrics, writing the lyrics, how he originally called it "Sinatra", etc.