1. It was in the posts above mine!
  2. Huh. I somehow entirely missed that.

I’m with you though - that’s the version of the story I’ve always heard. I kinda figured the song was inspired by their cover of Satellite of Love - the chords and style are similar. If Edge actually said that, maybe he just meant some of the lyrics or something?
  3. Stay is one of my favourite songs by the lads, i play it at gigs myself and it gets a great response. People don't realise it's U2, maybe that's why they love it too?
  4. Originally posted by Faceman2000:[..]
    Huh. I somehow entirely missed that.

I’m with you though - that’s the version of the story I’ve always heard. I kinda figured the song was inspired by their cover of Satellite of Love - the chords and style are similar. If Edge actually said that, maybe he just meant some of the lyrics or something?
    Honestly I think Edge just said that because either he's thinking of a different song or he's just making up a cool story haha.

If you haven't read At the End of the World, it goes through the origins and recording of Stay, and Ultraviolet is not once brought up. Seriously though if you haven't read it you need to. Every U2 fan needs to. It's by far the best way to really feel like you were inside their heads during the ZooTV "era".
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Honestly I think Edge just said that because either he's thinking of a different song or he's just making up a cool story haha.

If you haven't read At the End of the World, it goes through the origins and recording of Stay, and Ultraviolet is not once brought up. Seriously though if you haven't read it you need to. Every U2 fan needs to. It's by far the best way to really feel like you were inside their heads during the ZooTV "era".
    Definitely one of my favourite books.

6. I absolutely adore this song and video.
  7. Bono told us Winnipeg that it's original title was Sinatra.
  8. I don't know if you saw it, but every day leading to the Madrid shows last week I did a personal review on Facebook telling what each album had meant to me back in the day. This is what I wrote about Zooropa (quickly translated):

And once again the difficult step of creating another album after having released a masterpiece, once again all the spotlights and expectations put on the band in the impossible task of measuring themselves with Achtung Baby. One of the first, if not the first memory I have of my life is sitting down -four or five years old- on the parquet floor of the living room of our house, in front of the record player and the TV, and asking my mum to put on the "lemon album". The lysergic cover, the surreal introduction, full of nuances and sound labyrinths, the fanfare of Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car ... Even the final siren of The Wanderer! Everything in Zooropa absolutely fascinated me (it still does!!). I remember learning every Macphisto move on the Sydney VHS during Daddy's Gonna Pay and during Lemon, blown away by those manners somewhere between defiant, homosexual, gypsy, refined. And it wasn't until well into the decade of the noughties, with the advent of YouTube, when I finally saw the video of Stay. The song had always fascinated me, it was one the first songs I ever learnt to play on guitar. And I'm not really into videos, I prefer that the songs build their own imagery and meaning in my mind without external interference... But the videoclip with its Berlin, with its black and white, with its fallen angel, with its band of beginner musicians, with the bus and the music box, everything ... It was a landmark in my life. It sounds exaggerated, but that's the way it is. I never saw this song, nor this record, nor this band, with the same eyes. And remember: the days run away like horses over the hills.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216822630615361&set=a.1722293294438&type=3
  9. Sergio!
    Can you translate it what means the lyrics? Because i think it's alternate lyrics and the video also and the story of the video is based on my parents, that at end of this August they almost divorced (good that's not happened).
    And would be good to means wtf is this because it's never seen in public and the band never released in any form of discs.

Thank you in advance my friend!
  10. Originally posted by Jawis:Sergio!
    Can you translate it what means the lyrics? Because i think it's alternate lyrics and the video also and the story of the video is based on my parents, that at end of this August they almost divorced (good that's not happened).
    And would be good to means wtf is this because it's never seen in public and the band never released in any form of discs.

[YouTube Video]

Thank you in advance my friend!
    I don't really understand what you're saying, dear. That video you're linking is a pretty good Spanish translation of the original Stay lyrics, and it's a mix of cuts from several Wim Wenders films (The Wings Of Desire and Faraway, So Close).