1. Stay is one of those songs that's too good for its place in the U2 canon, but at the same time that kind of makes it more special. It's like a hidden treasure that was meant to be a bigger single than it ended up being, but it's fucking divine.
  2. Okay, no problem Serge, but the story what I mean is that a helicopter drone filming in Berlin outside and then a chlid looks at the Schonbrunn castle in Vienna? etc
    But the young woman looks like my ex-girlfriend
  3. The songs needs a 2nd guitar in it, if Bono can't do it, let Dallas play guitar (like on This Is), either on stage or off stage.
  4. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:The songs needs a 2nd guitar in it, if Bono can't do it, let Dallas play guitar (like on This Is), either on stage or off stage.
    I agree. I know Bono's inability to play guitar stems from his accident, but I'm surprised he wouldn't be able to even play simple chords now. Must still be really bad. It's sad because you know how much Bono loved playing guitar.
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Stay is one of those songs that's too good for its place in the U2 canon, but at the same time that kind of makes it more special. It's like a hidden treasure that was meant to be a bigger single than it ended up being, but it's fucking divine.
    It's so eloquent. And to think if it had anymore time spent on it, it would have been butchered.
  6. Perfection.

Bono’s voice. My god.
  7. The subtle reverb, the recording room's sound, Adam's bass, the fuzzy distortion on Edge's guitar during the choruses (never done live), the videoclip... My God.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    The subtle reverb, the recording room's sound, Adam's bass, the fuzzy distortion on Edge's guitar during the choruses (never done live), the videoclip... My God.
    Yep.

Last time I listened to this song I thought "next time I want to show someone a U2 song I know they've never heard before that might change their mind on them, I'm playing them this." That never happens but still.

I maintain what I said above (5 months ago jeez) - this is secretly one of U2's greatest songs, and DEFINITELY one of their greatest recordings. There's absolutely nothing I would change about it, it's just downright perfect.

This song makes me feel like I can fly through the sky on a rainy day.

And yeah, definitely one of their best videos by far.

Brb going to listen to it.
  9. Stay (Faraway, So Close) is the second best way I know of spending 9 minutes and 54 seconds.
  10. Are you listening to it twice? I think you're giving yourself too much credit for the BEST way to spend that time!
  11. Oddly enough, I was coincidentally listening to this song for the first time in a whole when I opened this thread!
  12. Yeah that fuzz on the guitar is fantastic, I play this song acoustically just about everyday lol just beautiful