1. Are we missing somethimg ? Lyrics plastered on the screen, and scenes from Lemon...
  2. I may be missing something obvious, but is it possible to buy a physical copy somehow of the new Stay remaster?

It seems to defeat the purpose to remaster something (ideally with the best possible sound quality since that's the point) and then release it to digital storefronts on mp3 (lossy) and make it available to stream on youtube (which has audio limitations as I understand it).

I'd like to play it in my vehicle without audio loss and having to stream youtube from my phone...and basically, enjoy it knowing that it's the best possible quality when I'm not sitting at the computer (which gets old

Hopefully, there is an answer I'm missing!
  3. Originally posted by redhill:I may be missing something obvious, but is it possible to buy a physical copy somehow of the new Stay remaster?

It seems to defeat the purpose to remaster something (ideally with the best possible sound quality since that's the point) and then release it to digital storefronts on mp3 (lossy) and make it available to stream on youtube (which has audio limitations as I understand it).

I'd like to play it in my vehicle without audio loss and having to stream youtube from my phone...and basically, enjoy it knowing that it's the best possible quality when I'm not sitting at the computer (which gets old

Take spotify/ Apple Music/ something else to stream in high quality
  4. Originally posted by redhill:I may be missing something obvious, but is it possible to buy a physical copy somehow of the new Stay remaster?

so you want the best possible quality to listen to - and then you're gonna play it whilst trundling around in your vehicle?

you won't notice the difference
  5. Originally posted by redhill:I may be missing something obvious, but is it possible to buy a physical copy somehow of the new Stay remaster?

The audio has been released at higher than CD Quality on digital services. It’s released at 44.1kHz / 24-bit, where CD would be 16-bit. Qobuz and Tidal both have it in high resolution.

YouTube compresses to the equivalent of a 256kbps mp3 if I remember correctly.

There are no physical copies of these reissued singles.
  6. Thanks to those who posted helpful replies! I had no idea I was trundling!
  7. Finally listened to the remastered version.

A perfect, perfect song. Lovely and brilliant. I can't think of a single U2 song on any album since with that kind of poise and elegance. Miss Sarajevo might be its only equal.

God, the vein they were mining in those days...
  8. I just got the Faraway, So Close! CD. I think listening to the soundtrack version of Stay is a nice change... Not to mention the additional verse in The Wanderer.