1. Hello people!

It's actually a bit I'm wondering what's the title and the artist of the song used by Bono as the usual snippet of With Or Without You. Here in our Bootleg section is always named as Shine Like The Stars or Shine Like Stars, but I can't find any song with any of these titles which conteins the verse sung by Bono...

Can anyone help me...?

Thank you.
  2. I think it's an addition to the song by Bono himself, which he introduced during The Joshua Tree tour.
  3. after a little research I found that it is most likely to be an addition of Bono, I didn't find any artist linked to it.
    It is ionly referred as an extra verse added by Bono during WOWY... here's the verse quoted from www.u2-vertigo-tour.com:

Yeah, we'll shine like stars in the summer night
    We'll shine like stars in the winter night
    One heart, one hope, one love
    With or without you ...

There have been variations, such as:

We'll shine like stars in the summertime
    We'll shine like stars in the silver light
    We'll shine like stars and it'll be alright

An extra verse sometimes sung live in With Or Without You

4. Originally posted by JohnnyVOXXafter a little research I found that it is most likely to be an addition of Bono, I didn't find any artist linked to it.
    It is ionly referred as an extra verse added by Bono during WOWY... here's the verse quoted from www.u2-vertigo-tour.com:

With or without you ...

Nicely researched Johnny! Thanks for this post.
  5. i kind of like this verse i think bono should sing it everytime
  6. They are Bono's lyrics of course! And I love them!
    The question I have ...is about the Love Will Tear Us Apart snippet (I didn't get a much confident answers when I asked in the other topic ). The part on the Paris 87 DVD (after the tear gas incident), are the lyrics by Bono, cause they aren't from the original song...
    He goes "Loooove...love will tear us apart...again...love...love...love..."
    and here come the lyrics:
    "I was strolling down past paris way
    I walked through the streets in the light of the day
    I knew that summer had arrived
    When I saw your eyes,
    When I see you, when I hope,
    That it was good, as it was good for me..." and so on

Any ideas?
    BTW, I'm in love with this part of that concert!

7. It started early on in the Joshua Tree. I agree... it is one of the best bits of the song... and the song is pretty great to begin with!
  8. Originally posted by Ali709
    "I was strolling down past paris way
    I walked through the streets in the light of the day
    I knew that summer had arrived
    When I saw your eyes,
    When I see you, when I hope,
    That it was good, as it was good for me..." and so on

This is an inprovisation from Bono. Seems like he sums up his feelings about the concert, the crowd and the city...
  9. Originally posted by yeah[..]

This is an inprovisation from Bono. Seems like he sums up his feelings about the concert, the crowd and the city...

Is it? I mean, does he make it up on the spot or did he do it before at other shows as well? Cause when he starts singing that part the edge, adam and larry suddenly go silent and there is only the backing track then adam comes in and then come the edge and larry and I thought that maybe Bono is improvising and everyone else is like :"what the hell?!"
  10. I watched this again last night. I'm pretty certain it was just of that night - done after the teargas to sum up his feelings as Yeah said. They're slow to get back into it as they have to find the beat having stopped so suddenly like that. They're generally pretty used to Bono going off a a tangent I think and wait for obvious cues to follow him (ie keep it steady until he finishes and then wait for the "and love, love will....." to come back to go back into the regular rhythmn).

That's what I reckon anyway...
  11. Originally posted by JohnnyVOXXafter a little research I found that it is most likely to be an addition of Bono, I didn't find any artist linked to it.

With or without you ...

Thanks a lot for your complete answer.
    I've always loved this part, it's stunning!

12. There are several songs with this particular line in the lyrics. Search for 'Shine like stars lyrics' in Google.