1. Originally posted by MWSAHThere are several songs with this particular line in the lyrics. Search for 'Shine like stars lyrics' in Google.

There certainly seems to be a Primal Scream song and a UK Mission (:? never heard of them) song with those words in. But not the particular couplet that Bono uses.

Pretty certain it's all his invention
  2. Never heard of these bands/artists either...just a coincidence I suppose.
  3. Originally posted by djrlewisThere certainly seems to be a Primal Scream song and a UK Mission (:? never heard of them) song with those words in.

It's right because I had already met those bands during my desperate search and I had found it was not the right Shine Like The Stars... that I decided to open this topic.
    By the way you should listen to UK Mission's Shine Like The Stars. You could put out a kind of Homer Simpson's "DOH!"... just like I did...
  4. Originally posted by MWSAHNever heard of these bands/artists either...just a coincidence I suppose.

Primal Scream are most famous fro Screamadelica. It's quite good if you like that sort of thing. Rocks is probably the most famous song:-

5. i love this snippet
    think it wouls of been great to have in the studio version
  6. With “Shine like stars” Bono is quoting Philippians 2:15 from the Bible.