1. They should do something more true to the original and best version from 1987. That bass part
  2. I've never really was that big on the song. Cool bassline though
  3. I've grown to really appreciate the B-side version, especially after I got the physical CD of the Joshua Tree deluxe set at Christmas and started playing the b-sides disc in the car. I was going through a rough point in my relationship shortly afterwards so I listened to it a lot. Contrary to some previous opinions, I like Bono's rougher, more soul-style vocals on the original. It fits in more with the The Joshua Tree super-album (album + bonus tracks) than the remix fits with... well, anything.
  4. I love this song. I went through some heartbreak earlier this year and I love how happy and poppy the music is and how heartbreaking the lyrics truly are.
  5. I love it and agree about the poor performances uring the last tour ..i prefer a poor performance of ST instead of a song they often play anyway

I think this work because the piano and Bono can play it
  6. Elevation tour versions of this song
  7. one of the few U2 songs that I can't stand one second but I really like the opening line
  8. Definitely one of there weaker songs, possibly beats boots for worst u2 single, and also the one time i have seen it live was easily the lowlight of any u2 show I've been to. Apart from that though....
    Only my opinion of course.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:Definitely one of there weaker songs, possibly beats boots for worst u2 single, and also the one time i have seen it live was easily the lowlight of any u2 show I've been to. Apart from that though....
    Only my opinion of course.
    Agreed, the 2 times I've heard the song live it was a huge letdown. But I agree with whoever said that it was much better in 2001 than in the last tour...
  10. Adam’s bass is great in this song.