1. Thanks for posting!
  2. Band and crowd ON FIRE

3. I had quite a lot of friends attending these Spanish shows and the reviews were pretty mixed. Some said they didn't see Frusciante shining at all, a lot of them complained about the setlist (especially the Seville one which was much worse than Barcelona), everyone agreed that Kiedis and Flea were top notch. And mostly everyone complained about the golden circle too, although that's not the band's fault directly, but it still sucks.
  4. i'm surprised thay they decided to put Nobody Weird Like Me in the previous setlist
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:I had quite a lot of friends attending these Spanish shows and the reviews were pretty mixed. Some said they didn't see Frusciante shining at all, a lot of them complained about the setlist (especially the Seville one which was much worse than Barcelona), everyone agreed that Kiedis and Flea were top notch. And mostly everyone complained about the golden circle too, although that's not the band's fault directly, but it still sucks.
    Forgot to mention one of the biggest complains, which is the fact they're not playing anything from the 3 albums where Frusciante wasn't present. That's a big bummer.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Forgot to mention one of the biggest complains, which is the fact they're not playing anything from the 3 albums where Frusciante wasn't present. That's a big bummer.
    Anyone should have know going in that those 3 albums wouldn’t be presented in the sets. It happened with One Hot Minute and it’ll happen again here. I love One Hot Minute but I’ve accepted I’ll never see those songs live. And they played the shit out out The Getaway the last tour and imo there’s nothing worthy off of I’m With You to make the cut. They play 17 songs a night, they have a MASSIVE new album to play and they have to play the biggest hits because of the stadium setting and those songs tend to be John songs. That leaves very little room.

None of this is an excuse. I love this band but always disliked their set list structure and show length. It’s just nothing new. I still think arenas are where they should be at.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    When JF came back in 2020 when they started rehersing they started from all of the early albums material at least in practice facilities. Listen to the Rubin podcasts and thats what they said.
  8. NEW ALBUM OCTOBER 14!!!!! Man am I excited.
  9. God I wish U2 would breathe in and immerse themselves in whatever the Chilli Peppers have been inhaling this past 18 months and find some inspo and take some goddam risks.

Unlimited Love was a cracker and to have another bun in the oven to release .. wow!

U2 always talk about the enigma that is the " we have another album worth of material we could release " that never sees the light of day.

Sigh.... When did they become so anal and insecure?

PS: With U2 I really feel that Eno and Lanios could be the ones to squeeze the last remaining creative spark from a band that seems void of ideas and wracked with self doubt. One final masterpiece, is it too much to ask for ?
  10. Concur 💯 pct. If U2 have any greatness left in them Eno and Lanois are the most likely to harness and capture it on record. Although, I have always wished Butch Vig would produce a U2 album. I love Garbage and their WGRYWH cover....His remix for Starring at the Sun was great too!