1. Josh is such a legend. What a talented chap. I feel The Getaway is criminally underrated.
  2. Any thoughts on Return of the Dream Canteen yet? I like it after the first few listens. It's more musically adventurous than Unlimited Love (not saying UL isn't a good album here). I like the trippy, psychedelic, and electeonica vibes to Dream Canteen. This is definitely a John Frusciante unleashed project...and this is a good and refreshing thing!
  3. I’m A tremendous fan of UL. It’s still my top album of the year. I promised my wife I’d wait until tonight so we can listen together. I’m so excited for this one. Great year to be a fan of the chilis. 36 new songs and a global tour in a year!!
  4. Some fine folks on this great sight nudged me to see the Boston show last month. The minor logistical challenges were well worth it! It was a great high-energy concert. Simple and clean stage design adaotable to any song which worked well. If only U2 would do the same....
  5. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:I’m A tremendous fan of UL. It’s still my top album of the year. I promised my wife I’d wait until tonight so we can listen together. I’m so excited for this one. Great year to be a fan of the chilis. 36 new songs and a global tour in a year!!
    Sit back and enjoy! Dream Canteen requires Active Listening to be fully appreciated. So many layers to these songs....it's so good!
  6. Originally posted by LostSailor:[..]
    Sit back and enjoy! Dream Canteen requires Active Listening to be fully appreciated. So many layers to these songs....it's so good!
    I’m so Excited to dive in for the next few months. I still actively listen to and thoroughly enjoy UL.
  7. Apparently there are still 12 songs in the can from these sessions. I'm happy about this album, it is en route via delivery as we speak.
  8. Originally posted by LostSailor:Some fine folks on this great sight nudged me to see the Boston show last month. The minor logistical challenges were well worth it! It was a great high-energy concert. Simple and clean stage design adaotable to any song which worked well. If only U2 would do the same....
    Agreed! I saw them in Detroit this summer, and they definitely exceeded my expectations!! I’ll definitely see them every time they come nearby from now on!

I wish U2 could just do a concert like that. Something that doesn’t require a theme, and any song could be played and fit just because it’s a U2 song.
  9. U2 themes are skeletal at best.
  10. Originally posted by miryclay:Apparently there are still 12 songs in the can from these sessions. I'm happy about this album, it is en route via delivery as we speak.
    Looking forward to hearing what your favorite tunes are!
  11. Originally posted by miryclay:Apparently there are still 12 songs in the can from these sessions. I'm happy about this album, it is en route via delivery as we speak.
    Wow. Really? Damn man. That is so impressive