1. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

their workers get paid a decent price though do they not. Was that not the point of the brand. Decent clothing produced in under priviledged places where workers are paid a decent wage and work under decent conditions. Or were they lying?

G'day Gerard. You'd certainly hope it was more than the 27 pounds Apple's workers get paid per week and in a cleaner factory.
  2. Double post!
  3. Originally posted by drewhiggins[..]

G'day Gerard. You'd certainly hope it was more than the 27 pounds Apple's workers get paid per week and in a cleaner factory.

I used to be naive as hell and thought (or hoped) that iPods were meade in a space age factory by men in white coats. Ha
  4. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

their workers get paid a decent price though do they not. Was that not the point of the brand. Decent clothing produced in under priviledged places where workers are paid a decent wage and work under decent conditions. Or were they lying?

They don't lie, but I don't think that they tell the whole story. If you ask them, you don't get much information. All I got was that their workers must be at least 14 years old and that they get a wage above average. So 14 year old kids get a dollar more per day? Wow, the journey to equality really moves on.

Drew, my 'Holy Bono' comment wasn't directed to you. It's just how many people/fans see him.

But we're way off topic again...
  5. Originally posted by germcevoyI used to be naive as hell and thought (or hoped) that iPods were meade in a space age factory by men in white coats. Ha

Really? They're good but not that good.

Originally posted by yeahThey don't lie, but I don't think that they tell the whole story. If you ask them, you don't get much information. All I got was that their workers must be at least 14 years old and that they get a wage above average. So 14 year old kids get a dollar more per day? Wow, the journey to equality really moves on.

Drew, my 'Holy Bono' comment wasn't directed to you. It's just how many people/fans see him.

But we're way off topic again...

No I know it wasn't directed at me, but many fans see him this way - you're right. Have you seen the fans on a Michael Jackson DVD? They think the man is God, crying and screaming for the guy. By christ, I think he has some truly amazing songs up there (and in the last few years) he became a lot more political (even having some songs banned for the lyrics to do with politics) but he's not God.

No company will ever tell the whole truth. But even the sweatshop debacle doesn't stop people buying iPods, MP3 players, phones, computer bits, clothes, washing machines, microwaves, TVs etc. Their workers are ranging from 9-99 and hardly get an average wage. What we're used to getting in three hours, they get in a week.

Excellent view on the topic. Maybe we should find the General Politics thread again...
  6. After this short email to the Itunes store on the 22nd:

"Is the "complete U2" still available of the itunes store and if yes, why can't i download it?"

i got the reply:

"Dear Daley, I’m sorry that you have been unable to purchase The Complete U2 on the iTunes Store. Apple engineers identified an issue affecting this title, are working diligently toward a resolution, and hope to make the title available again soon. Thank you for your patience while Apple strives to create a perfect experience for iTunes Store customers. Sincerely, Justin iTunes Store Customer Support"

and then, getting more and more pissed off by the responses, I sent the to the point emailon the 26th:

"the Complete U2", Firstly why is it not available now and secondly, will it be available in the near future?"

With the most pointless and helpless response of the lot:

"Dear Daley, I'm sorry the iTunes Store doesn't have "The Complete U2." I can certainly see how this would be frustrating and I'm happy to help! Apple is constantly expanding the iTunes Store's catalog of music, audiobooks, and videos. To ensure that your request is considered, please submit it through the Request page at: http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html Thank you Daley and I hope you have yourself a great night! Best Wishes for the New Year!! CourtneyiTunes Customer Support"

Couldn't she just say No, why does she feel the need to patronize a customer only asking yes/no questions. Well sod itunes, i'm of to Amazon to get the albums (minuse the B-sides and other rare stuff), at least there actual CDs i can play.
  7. Thanks Courtney and Justin but seriously, just put the fucking set up!
  8. i thought the rumours about apples customers sevices were just a bit exaggerated but come on, why don't they just answer my question, its not hard, Yes or No, or maybe a why, then i could just get on with getting the albums my self instead of waiting for 48 hour responses which tell me NOTHING!
    Anyway the albums on amazon add up to £93, and since i'm throwing in the POPMART DVD its total is £110, £10 cheap for actually having the CDs to hand and a Special edition DVD thrown in to the mix.
  9. Apple sucks.
  10. Gotta read the headlines. Quoted from u2wanderer.org:

Originally posted by u2wanderer.org2007-12-20: News / Releases > If you've been meaning to download The Complete U2 with your holiday iTunes gift cards, you're too late. It's gone. (Go ahead and click if you don't believe me.)[BH]

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=30923368&s=143441

I was told it's in the Australian Store by Apple. Great! So let's click onto iTunes and check out the local. But strangely enough, iTunes itself tells me that the Australian Store doesn't have it but the US one does. So I click the 'Change Store' button to the US. And what should I see but the following...

So, uh, who has it? The Antarctic Store?
  11. Originally posted by drewhigginsSo, uh, who has it? The Antarctic Store?
    xDDD As I said before, Apple Sucks.