1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]Well, NEVER only one show is considered the best. Even in the Boy Tour there are many different "Bests".

Nevertheless, many people say that 2005-04-14 and 15 Glendale is one of the best. Also 2005-06-27 Dublin and 06-29th Cardiff are fantastic, both in performance and audience-feeling terms.

We can't forget the New York nights. The band were in a great performance mood that days, specially 2005-10-11. And Los Angeles 2005-11-22 also rocks.

2005-6-27 Dublin is regarded as one of the best setlists (obviously). But most of the people I know that went to all three Dublin shows said the 2005-6-25 show was the best performance out of the three.

My vote would go to 2005-9-21 Chicago, great setlist AND performance. My favorite though is 2005-10-25 Detroit, great setlist and tremendous energy that night.

The last Toronto show was also a fantastic performance and setlist also, difficult to come by though.

2. Originally posted by Blue_Room2005-6-27 Dublin is regarded as one of the best setlists (obviously). But most of the people I know that went to all three Dublin shows said the 2005-6-25 show was the best performance out of the three.
    I have a (very close) friend who were at the three of them and said: 24th was the Homecoming, raw but great; 25th was the Reaffirmance, fantastic but average and not prominent; and 27th was the Goodbye, weird and awesome.
    Originally posted by Blue_RoomMy vote would go to 2005-9-21 Chicago, great setlist AND performance. My favorite though is 2005-10-25 Detroit, great setlist and tremendous energy that night.
    Indeed. Auburn Hills. Fantastic both nights. Well pointed I've never been a fan of that Chicago show. I know it's a fantastic recording, with a great set and audience, but... Never did "click" on me
    Originally posted by Blue_RoomThe last Toronto show was also a fantastic performance and setlist also, difficult to come by though.
    Of course... Vertigo + Electric Co = weird but great
  3. Was at the Cardiff gig myself too and the crowd really were fantastic. It was made even more special by the closed roof of the millennium stadium, which meant the whole lights and production looked great from the start. I saw the first night in Manchester too - and apart from a crap crowd - it took a long while for the sky to get dark!

The bootleg is an essential either way, even though there's better sounding audience boots out there!
  4. Originally posted by lloydius57Was at the Cardiff gig myself too and the crowd really were fantastic. It was made even more special by the closed roof of the millennium stadium, which meant the whole lights and production looked great from the start. I saw the first night in Manchester too - and apart from a crap crowd - it took a long while for the sky to get dark!

The bootleg is an essential either way, even though there's better sounding audience boots out there!

Thats what made the Cardiff gig special. It was the only 2nd Leg show to start in darkness. And that closed roof just made everything ten times louder. Great gig, great crowd, great stadium, great boot.
  5. Great to see some recommendations in here.
    As for myself, I'd like to throw in a bunch of my personal faves to add to the greatness.

Chicago (09-21)
    - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Acoustic version, nice crowd, Bono messes up the lyrics a tiny bit)
    - Beautiful Day (full power; awesome snippets)
    - One (nice Intro-talk, crowd joins singing)
    - Bad (AWESOME snippet, great crowd)
    - Original Of The Species (Funny Bono: „This is a song we never played before...on a Wednesday night“)
    - With Or Without You (full power, great crowd, funny Bono: “They won’t let me play the guitar – for good reason”)

Also Pittsburgh 10-22 is one of a great show, as are Chicago 5-07 and 05-12, Buenos Aires 2006 03-02, and Anaheim 04-01

We (well, Remy) should include a kind of comments feature in the bootlegs' details where we could gather our impressions on the concerts .
  6. Originally posted by lloydius57Was at the Cardiff gig myself too and the crowd really were fantastic. It was made even more special by the closed roof of the millennium stadium, which meant the whole lights and production looked great from the start. I saw the first night in Manchester too - and apart from a crap crowd - it took a long while for the sky to get dark!

Blimey, that's three of us at least now that were at the Cardiff show (Angel_and_Devil was there too). Excellent. You're right about the roof; I was pleased we still got the European setlist though and not the American version, even though they could have started with COBL (was avoided in Europe generally as they wanted it to be darker).
  7. Originally posted by loftarasaWe (well, Remy) should include a kind of comments feature in the bootlegs' details where we could gather our impressions on the concerts .

have you heard of the bootleg round table?
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

have you heard of the bootleg round table?

He means a sort of addition to the bootleg-page itself, I think. The Bootleg Round Table is great but not very organised.
    He wants a sort of discussion thread to each bootleg. I must say it sounds reasonable.
  9. Originally posted by MWSAH[..]

He means a sort of addition to the bootleg-page itself, I think. The Bootleg Round Table is great but not very organised.
    He wants a sort of discussion thread to each bootleg. I must say it sounds reasonable.

ah but there is a plan in place to incorporate the round table with a review/ratings section for bootlegs in later generations of the site. I wouldn't agree that we are disorganised, it's just Remy doesn't want us to open a new topic each time we want to discuss a show.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong
    Nevertheless, many people say that 2005-04-14 and 15 Glendale is one of the best.

Glendale 2005-04-15 - oh yeah.
  11. Originally posted by drewhigginsGlendale 2005-04-15 - oh yeah.
    I know
  12. And if you can, there is a very good recording of Adelaide 2006-11-16 going around too.

I also find that, even though it's technically not a proper show (mash up of the 28th and 29th April 2005), Vancouver ALD is excellent. Nothing matches that for sound but New Year's Day has a serious echo problem for about the first 60 seconds.