1. Lol yeah she and her entourage really didn't go down too well at all, I remember hearing some brutal comments from people around me about her and her bandmates. Thankfully though her stint came to an end... I caught PJ Harvey one night - brilliant stuff - and Nelly Furtado on another night - who whilst not your typical U2 support act - she was fairly enjoyable.
  2. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    I saw quite a bunch of Vertigo shows, including 5 of the 6 opening shows in California, which were awesome with An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

What I also remember is that Bono asked us to hold our cellphones up, which was totally new. Back then people used to put up their (cigarette-) lighters ("which burned with gas and real fire, kids" ). And the "One campaign" just started, so that was also quite exciting as it sounded pretty promising.
    Good points about all the freshness that was out there. 2005 was a full 2 years before Facebook took off, Smartphones weren't a thing yet, Apple was unchallenged....are we perhaps looking back at it through the lense of current technology? Back then we weren't preached to / at by celebrities like we are now. Plus, did you really expect to go to a U2 concert and not get a Bono speach?
  3. Looks like a tv performance during the Vertigo Tour era

4. 'All you Kmarters, all you Americans'
  5. LAPOE is the only song I listen to regularly from this album
  6. Very fond of this tour,think the tour has stood the test of time well.
    Those early shows with the Boy segment,those summer stadium nights,the fall in the USA and those incredible South American audiences.
    People go on about Zoo and Popmart and underrate Vertigo.
  7. Originally posted by kezman:Very fond of this tour,think the tour has stood the test of time well.
    Those early shows with the Boy segment,those summer stadium nights,the fall in the USA and those incredible South American audiences.
    Yes, I think so too. Although as @iTim has said, Vertigo was "peak preach".
  8. Originally posted by kezman:Very fond of this tour,think the tour has stood the test of time well.
    Agreed. I also like the last leg in 2006. The version of Kite, plus the shows in Saitama and Honolulu were great.