1. Originally posted by loftarasaGreat to see some recommendations in here.
    As for myself, I'd like to throw in a bunch of my personal faves to add to the greatness.

Chicago (09-21)
    - Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Acoustic version, nice crowd, Bono messes up the lyrics a tiny bit)
    - Beautiful Day (full power; awesome snippets)
    - One (nice Intro-talk, crowd joins singing)
    - Bad (AWESOME snippet, great crowd)
    - Original Of The Species (Funny Bono: „This is a song we never played before...on a Wednesday night“)
    - With Or Without You (full power, great crowd, funny Bono: “They won’t let me play the guitar – for good reason”)

Also Pittsburgh 10-22 is one of a great show, as are Chicago 5-07 and 05-12, Buenos Aires 2006 03-02, and Anaheim 04-01

We (well, Remy) should include a kind of comments feature in the bootlegs' details where we could gather our impressions on the concerts .

That Chicago show gets my vote. What a recording...and a astonishing performance. Also Croke Park shows are great of course
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I have a (very close) friend who were at the three of them and said: 24th was the Homecoming, raw but great; 25th was the Reaffirmance, fantastic but average and not prominent; and 27th was the Goodbye, weird and awesome.[..]

Interesting, I guess it just goes to show how subjective it can be. I have 4 U2 friends that went to all 3 (not together either) and the concensus with them was that the 25th was the best one. They did say they were all good though. I think personal experiences probably play into it as well. What kind of a day a particular person was having, where they were on the stadium (IE close, in the nosebleeds, etc..). So its sort of hard to judge. My favorite to listen to though personally is the 25th. I think they sound a tad tight for the 24th. Obviously like I said before the 27th has the best setlist but I think the pacing is a tad thrown off as a result and they almost seem to loose at that point. The 25th just flows perfectly for me and the performance is great. They usually are tight the first show they play in Dublin on each tour. They have alot of hometown pressure on them. So I think the 24th suffers from a tad of that.
  3. I bought myself some cheap DVD (5 euros) called U2 in America. When looking at the cover, I already knew it was a bootleg DVD, but I don't mind these 5 euros.

Tracklist, although most or at least some of you already might know this DVD:

Recorded At Empire Fulton Ferry State Park, New York, November 22nd, 2004

01 She's A Mystery To Me 2:56
    02 Beautiful Day 4:17
    03 Out Of Control 4:45

Recorded At Pepsi Center, Denver, April 20th & 21st, 2005

04 Elevation 5:10
    05 Sunday Bloody Sunday 6:00
    06 Bullett The Blue Sky 4:58

Recorded At Key Arena, Seattle, April 24th, 2005

07 All Because Of You 3:35

Recorded At Fleet Center, Boston, May 26th & 28th, 2005

08 Running To Stand Still 4:30
    09 Until The End Of The World 4:37
    10 Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses 5:39
    11 Party Girl 5:14
    12 Bad / 40 8:45
  4. Twickenham broadcast show, Cardiff, Boston 2005-05-28 and Washington 2005-10-20 are my favourites (although I also like the Croke Park, Twickenham and Glasgow shows where they played WGRYWH...although why the hell they followed that with COBL never made any sense...).
  5. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Twickenham broadcast show, Cardiff, Boston 2005-05-28 and Washington 2005-10-20 are my favourites (although I also like the Croke Park, Twickenham and Glasgow shows where they played WGRYWH...although why the hell they followed that with COBL never made any sense...).

What's Washington like? Noticed it's only got 2 stars.
  6. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Twickenham broadcast show, Cardiff, Boston 2005-05-28 and Washington 2005-10-20 are my favourites (although I also like the Croke Park, Twickenham and Glasgow shows where they played WGRYWH...although why the hell they followed that with COBL never made any sense...).

Downloading the Twickenham-gig right now! Must be a good one...

7. I personally think it's much better than 2 stars (3 stars minimum), it's one of my top 10 bootlegs - I know there are some who really don't rate the 3rd leg of the tour, but for me it's just a great show; setlist is good (c'mon, Out Of Control AND Electric Co. in a Vertigo show, and both great versions at that), WGRYWH (great acoustic version), terrific show closer in Bad/People Have The Power and yeah, I just love listening to it.
  8. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    I personally think it's much better than 2 stars (3 stars minimum), it's one of my top 10 bootlegs - I know there are some who really don't rate the 3rd leg of the tour, but for me it's just a great show; setlist is good (c'mon, Out Of Control AND Electric Co. in a Vertigo show, and both great versions at that), WGRYWH (great acoustic version), terrific show closer in Bad/People Have The Power and yeah, I just love listening to it.

You've sold me. Will download tomorrow.
  9. Originally posted by MWSAH:I bought myself some cheap DVD (5 euros) called U2 in America. When looking at the cover, I already knew it was a bootleg DVD, but I don't mind these 5 euros.

Tracklist, although most or at least some of you already might know this DVD:

Recorded At Empire Fulton Ferry State Park, New York, November 22nd, 2004

01 She's A Mystery To Me 2:56
    02 Beautiful Day 4:17
    03 Out Of Control 4:45

Recorded At Pepsi Center, Denver, April 20th & 21st, 2005

04 Elevation 5:10
    05 Sunday Bloody Sunday 6:00
    06 Bullett The Blue Sky 4:58

Recorded At Key Arena, Seattle, April 24th, 2005

07 All Because Of You 3:35

Recorded At Fleet Center, Boston, May 26th & 28th, 2005

08 Running To Stand Still 4:30
    09 Until The End Of The World 4:37
    10 Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses 5:39
    11 Party Girl 5:14
    12 Bad / 40 8:45

If there was a way you could take those files off of that DVD, I'd be only too happy to be a recipient of them (especially the Boston tracks )!

Glad to hear it good sir
  10. Originally posted by WojBhoy:[..]
    If there was a way you could take those files off of that DVD, I'd be only too happy to be a recipient of them (especially the Boston tracks )!

[..]
    Glad to hear it good sir

I will do so in the coming weeks
  11. The guy says it's from Milan but it is a pro-shot and I have never seen it before..it's not on my Milan DVD, I think...(haven't watched that one for ages). Can anyone clearify?