1. A tour forever tainted in my memory by having to suffer Kanye West as the support Act.
  2. Lol I would have preferred him over Noel
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    I saw quite a bunch of Vertigo shows, including 5 of the 6 opening shows in California, which were awesome with An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

What I also remember is that Bono asked us to hold our cellphones up, which was totally new. Back then people used to put up their (cigarette-) lighters ("which burned with gas and real fire, kids" ). And the "One campaign" just started, so that was also quite exciting as it sounded pretty promising.

yes, that's hard to imagine now.. those early shows were (as always) quite interesting, with those old songs (and of course the new ones), Running To Stand Still, the changing setlist orders and Pope JP 2 dying.. and also the upswing of torrents (I remember Chrisedge's recording bringing down the Traders den).
    But being there in real life probably was even (a lot) more exciting!
  4. like Kelis on the (European) Elevation Tour
  5. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

yes, that's hard to imagine now.. those early shows were (as always) quite interesting, with those old songs (and of course the new ones), Running To Stand Still, the changing setlist orders and Pope JP 2 dying.. and also the upswing of torrents (I remember Chrisedge's recording bringing down the Traders den).
    But being there in real life probably was even (a lot) more exciting!
    Wasn’t Chrisedges recording called ‘How To Dismantle The Traders Den’ ? Seem to remember one bootleg being called that.
  6. Kelis was just dreadful the 2 nights in Manchester in 2001.Only good thing about her was her drummer,he was just off his head.
  7. Noel is boring.
  8. Don’t know if you’re referring to his music or his personality but the latter is anything but boring. I can see him polarising people the way Bono does but I think what endeared him for me on the tour was his attitude. He was constantly taking the piss and baiting the audience but I found that funny.