1. Not in Prague, so I can skip them this time without regrets...
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:Matt was having a very rough night, he had almost no mid range and had to rely too much on falsettos and crowd singalongs. Hopefully it's just a rough patch and they'll be excellent for the upcoming theatre shows.

Aw man this is sad to hear. Unfortunately, Matt's fully in vocal decline now (he has been since 2015 in all honesty) and it's becoming more and more evident that he's struggling with songs he used to have no issue with. The falsettos on TIRO and PIB are painful to hear these days, they sound like they're causing him genuine physical discomfort - not good. Stockholm is another one; sure, that one's been tough for a number of years now but his timing is all over place and he cuts all of the vocal lines short.

Of course, I don't know the man personally and don't want to sound horrible but he doesn't seem to be doing much about it, perhaps he thinks he can just power through like he used to? They've got a long tour coming up and this album is the most vocally demanding since the T2L tour, where he had the fortune of being at his vocal peak. In his mid 40s, he needs to re-think how he approaches the live shows. It doesn't always 'feel' right for certain songs but I'd start by tuning all songs down a half-step.

Also...what on earth is Thought Contagion still doing in the set? My only thinking is that its not too vocally demanding as Chris does the chorus A4s.
  3. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]

Aw man this is sad to hear. Unfortunately, Matt's fully in vocal decline now (he has been since 2015 in all honesty) and it's becoming more and more evident that he's struggling with songs he used to have no issue with. The falsettos on TIRO and PIB are painful to hear these days, they sound like they're causing him genuine physical discomfort - not good. Stockholm is another one; sure, that one's been tough for a number of years now but his timing is all over place and he cuts all of the vocal lines short.

Of course, I don't know the man personally and don't want to sound horrible but he doesn't seem to be doing much about it, perhaps he thinks he can just power through like he used to? They've got a long tour coming up and this album is the most vocally demanding since the T2L tour, where he had the fortune of being at his vocal peak. In his mid 40s, he needs to re-think how he approaches the live shows. It doesn't always 'feel' right for certain songs but I'd start by tuning all songs down a half-step.

Also...what on earth is Thought Contagion still doing in the set? My only thinking is that its not too vocally demanding as Chris does the chorus A4s.
    Absolutely. The man is gifted no doubt and has been pulling out some insane vocal tones for 2 decades without much hassle, but we all age and he's getting to a point where he needs to reappraise his vocal delivery. I don't know if he has taken singing lessons before but he definitely should now. Madness (Madness, of all tunes!!) was the song with which he struggled the most last Saturday. Full of mid-range verses and then the final screamed "I need your looooooove" which he avoided, switching to falsetto instead.

In any case, it's strange because I didn't notice any vocal strain or obvious flaws in his singing when I saw them in July, and they had played 15 Summer WOTP shows already. I thought they were pretty much excellent, although my location and predisposition for the show was much different to last Saturday, when I was very far away and surrounded by casual fans that didn't sing along or anything.

+1 about Thought Contagion, it's not that the crowds love it or anything - they don't give a shit about it haha. If they feel "obligued" to play something from Simulation Theory then just leave Pressure which is fun and engages a bit more with the crowd, but Thought Contagion needs to go and make room for others. I guess it will be chopped off when the proper WOTP tour starts, they need to make room for Euphoria, Verona and WAFF at least.
  4. Thought Contagion is one of the better song from ST. I would take it over Dig Down, Madness, Mercy, Starlight etc .. any day...
  5. Just got tickets for the Will Of The People World Tour in The Hague!
  6. Have been to the Cologne special show yesterday evening in heavy rain. Great energy from the band. The new songs live a little better than I expected. If it’s still available, watch and enjoy the webstream.
  7. Never attended a concert at the Malieveld despite living 15 kilometers from it.
  8. Has anyone experienced Tixr to buy tickets?
    There are some things not very clear for me : not a full paiement but per month until the show? Tickets to print or in their App?

Thanks to the ones who would reply