1. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:[..]
    That's exactly what they were trying to do though. The record label wanted a greatest hits from them and they opted to go back and try to do a greatest hits with new songs, so it's by design really.

I do agree with the 'revolting against the system' angle though. To be honest it's been hard to go along with that since the band acheived major mainstream success and became millionaires. At least there's a few songs like Ghosts and Verona which feel more heartfelt and, dare I say it, genuine.

Those themes are getting really stale. A lot of bands get stuck in familiar territory, but it would be nice for them to explore something else. As far as the sounds, I don't mind recycled musical ideas.
    U2's been stuck in the same sonic landscape for most of the last 25 years. The "failure" of Pop made them play it safe ever since. Not like I want Muse to do a Polka album. Staying in a Black Hole may be a good place to be. Duran Duran's Future Past has lots of recycled sounds, and I love most of it. Most bands that a U2 fan would like are anywhere from 40-70, or ancient like The Stones. Breaking new ground in any profession is not an easy task over 40. I haven't written a creative post in probably 10 years lol.

2. Fucken BS
  3. Welcome to the future..and the wrong thread i guess. Those prices are utterly depressing.. resale site has tickets starting around 130.. it's sad to see what's happening to the world of live music
  4. Originally posted by bonoschild:Welcome to the future..and the wrong thread i guess. Those prices are utterly depressing.. resale site has tickets starting around 130.. it's sad to see what's happening to the world of live music
    Oops I thought posted it on DM my bad
  5. Good setlist at Aftershock Festival yesterday. They replaced Foo Fighters, who were orignially lined up to play.

Intro Chant + Will of the People
    Interlude + Hysteria (Back in Black outro)
    [Drill Sergeant] + Psycho
    Stockholm Syndrome (Unconfirmed riff outro)
    Won't Stand Down (Duality riff outro)
    We Are Fucking Fucked
    The Gallery
    New Born (Unconfirmed riff outro)
    You Make Me Feel Like It's Halloween (Toccata and Fuge in D Minor intro; w/ confetti and streamers)
    Time Is Running Out
    Minimum
    Supermassive Black Hole
    Plug in Baby
    Behold, The Glove
    Uprising
    Prelude + Starlight

ENCORE
    Kill Or Be Killed
    Knights of Cydonia
  6. Originally posted by cyborgninja117:Good setlist at Aftershock Festival yesterday. They replaced Foo Fighters, who were orignially lined up to play.

Intro Chant + Will of the People
    Interlude + Hysteria (Back in Black outro)
    [Drill Sergeant] + Psycho
    Stockholm Syndrome (Unconfirmed riff outro)
    Won't Stand Down (Duality riff outro)
    We Are Fucking Fucked
    The Gallery
    New Born (Unconfirmed riff outro)
    You Make Me Feel Like It's Halloween (Toccata and Fuge in D Minor intro; w/ confetti and streamers)
    Time Is Running Out
    Minimum
    Supermassive Black Hole
    Plug in Baby
    Behold, The Glove
    Uprising
    Prelude + Starlight

ENCORE
    Kill Or Be Killed
    Knights of Cydonia
    Heaviest set since Download Festival? Amazing stuff there. It's a shame it won't be the same next year
  7. The Gallery and Minimum as tour stables?
  8. I couldn't care less about The Gallery but Minimum is an amazing instrumental. I'm glad they've brought it back - and thanks to a fan's suggestion!

9. It is indeed a cracking setlist! It's a perfect blend of pop and hard rock side, lovely to see.

Interested to see how much changes in tonight's theatre show. I’m going for Bliss, Fury/Futurism and as a wildcard…Hyper Music. We shall see!

Edit: I may have been a bit ambitious. Citizen Erased swapped with Plug in Baby and Map was swapped for Stockholm Syndrome. Still a great set, no doubt.
  10. Does anyone go to the Amsterdam show in Carré?
  11. Called it. They just added a northern california show in Oakland on 4/14/2023. Just had to let dust settle from the Aftershock show. Looks like I'll be seeing Muse at least once in 2023...gotta get ready for some cowbell