1. Originally posted by zooeyBUMP!!!

So my first music obsession was The Police. When I heard "Don't Stand So Close To Me" I went out and bought (or copied) everything else they'd done. I listened to The Police non-stop for years and, since they'd just broken up, swore up and down that I'd give any number of semi-vital body parts to see those three play together live.

So when they announced the tour I almost peed my pants! And I was on the computer at 9:59 the morning of the pre-sale. Got super expensive, pretty good tix for me and hubby. When they came on stage I almost couldn't belive what was happening. I was seeing THE POLICE - after waiting 23 years!!!!!! The show was really cool but I missed the hyper-fast and somewhat angry energy that i'd heard and seen on bootlegs and other live footage.

But as soon as I came back from the show, I knew I had to go again, so I got tix for Dodger Stadium (missed the Foo Fighters, that's a WHOLE other story that still gets me angry to this day). The 2nd time around I was able to just enjoy it for what it was and not "miss" anything or feel like anything was lacking. Again I had paid through the nose for great seats and I was screaming and dancing like a 13-year-old the entire night!! I still listen to the bootleg almost once a week (it's been almost a year).

So when my friend asked if I wanted to sit with them on the lawn next month on the third (?) leg of the tour, I thought what the hell. This is never ever going to happen again. And for $40 I'll take that.

So the day my summer break starts I'm going to sit on the lawn, have a few margaritas and see the band that made me love music.

That's my story, sorry it was so long...

What an amazing story! to see them once was unbeliveable but for you to experience it three times i am lost for words
    Being from a younger generation i don't quite understand your excitement to see them, i wasn't quite born when they first made a debut lol, but i share the same love for their music!! I like you, listen to the bootleg of the show i attended frequently, it bring back such awesome memories,
    just one question
    did the crowd get into it like u?

2. Originally posted by tui[..]

Thanks Nate!

[..]

lol fair enough, you win some you lose some right?..
    It's what makes them unique though!

Yeah, you can't win them all
  3. Originally posted by U2NickWhat seats did you have? Or where were you in there?

1st time we were 10th row on Andy's side. And 2nd time we were 19th row on Sting's side.
  4. Originally posted by tui[..]

did the crowd get into it like u?

1st time, not really at all. It made me kinda sad. In fact we were sitting a little further away (well I was standing!) and these people LEFT about 40minutes into it and gave us their seats in the 10th row!!!!! And there were people SITTING in the front row - WTF?!?!?!?!

The 2nd time was a Dodger Stadium and yeah, most everyone I was near was into it, except this one girl in front of us was so F-ing wasted, she kept falling all over herself and everyone around her. Her friends finally took her out before she puked on me!
  5. Originally posted by haytrainNever really got into the Police....

That's too bad, haytrain. I thought we could be friends...

J/K.

sort of
  6. I'm off to San Diego to see The Police tonight. Should be pretty great.
  7. I'm currently in the process of begging for ticket funds off my parents.

got like, a week to do so.

ts'not looking good.
  8. I remember when they played Fenway Park in Boston... some lunatic climbed the rafters

they're an ok band to me, not as good as this one band I love....

...U2 anyone?
  9. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979I'm off to San Diego to see The Police tonight. Should be pretty great.

Yep. It was fecking great! The Police, like is often said of The Edge, were ON FIRE!

Elvis Costello opened the show and he too - ON FIRE.

Loved it!
  10. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Yep. It was fecking great! The Police, like is often said of The Edge, were ON FIRE!

Loved it!

haha awesome!

how bummed will you guys be when the reunion tour ends and they break up again?
  11. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979[..]

Loved it!

You got to see the Police AND Elvis Costello?? On the same night???You lucky thing...
  12. Certifiable the live Blu ray/DVD is a fantastic reminder of how good The Police were ,well recommended to anyone who hasn't seen it .