1. Zoo TV, I'm not keen on Popmart. Like said before before, it has it's moments...Zoo TV was one helluva show. Popmart was a sort of rip-off...Like 'Zoo TV was great, let's do it again'.
  2. ahh cmon. its unfair to compare anything to zoo tv - the greatest tour of all time.
  3. ZOO TV. Do we really have to compare the two? Come on, Zoo was amazing, the setlist changed a lot, the alter egos were great. And Bono's voice wasn't weak like on Popmart.
  4. Originally posted by easports43ZOO TV. Do we really have to compare the two? Come on, Zoo was amazing, the setlist changed a lot, the alter egos were great. And Bono's voice wasn't weak like on Popmart.

I thought there was very little variation. From leg to leg there was a little but thats all really

5. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

I thought there was very little variation. From leg to leg there was a little but thats all really

Well I guess I mean compared to Popmart.
  6. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Well I guess I mean compared to Popmart.

that was brutal for setlist variation. Thats the price you pay for such technology I suppose
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

that was brutal for setlist variation. Thats the price you pay for such technology I suppose

Yeah, at least on Zoo they changed a song every once in a while. Popmart never really changed.
  8. Originally posted by easports43[..]

Yeah, at least on Zoo they changed a song every once in a while. Popmart never really changed.

only in the early stages to drop songs they couldn't play
  9. Originally posted by germcevoy[..]

only in the early stages to drop songs they couldn't play

Which was their fault for booking the tour so early. Popmart Vegas is brutal.
  10. Originally posted by theedge123Popmart, it is my favorite tour and I think Zoo TV is overrated (I already know people's reactions ) The songs were great live (even if Bono's voice was not good every night), even the setlist was pretty much the same every night, and I like the Edge's guitar sound

AMEN!!

Popmart is their best tour by far...Zoo doesn't stand a chance. The setlist on Popmart was much better. Bonos cigarrette smoking and partying like it was 1999 really starting taking its toll on his voice, in a good way. It was as rugged as ever and as spriritual as ever...there really had some depth and meaning behind it..I think because it sounded like he was stuggling all the time...it really had that much more of an impact on it...idk..just me...Don't get me wrong Zoo was good but nothing close Popmart. U2 and Bono at their best!!! Bono was the most spontaneous on Popmart as well.

However, I will agree with one post...that said Popmart had its moments. Your right...It took a while to get up and running but once it was on...man was it on!!!!

And they were poking just as much fun at society on popmart than as Zootv...I just think everyone loves Zoo because it was a first of its kind...we (as fans) hadn't been exposed to such a thing...Popmart was one of its kind as well but kinda in the limelight behind Zoo. ya know?

Great topic though!!
  11. Originally posted by Jcbasket[..]

AMEN!!

Popmart is their best tour by far...Zoo doesn't stand a chance. The setlist on Popmart was much better. Bonos cigarrette smoking and partying like it was 1999 really starting taking its toll on his voice, in a good way. It was as rugged as ever and as spriritual as ever...there really had some depth and meaning behind it..I think because it sounded like he was stuggling all the time...it really had that much more of an impact on it...idk..just me...Don't get me wrong Zoo was good but nothing close Popmart. U2 and Bono at their best!!! Bono was the most spontaneous on Popmart as well.

However, I will agree with one post...that said Popmart had its moments. Your right...It took a while to get up and running but once it was on...man was it on!!!!

And they were poking just as much fun at society on popmart than as Zootv...I just think everyone loves Zoo because it was a first of its kind...we (as fans) hadn't been exposed to such a thing...Popmart was one of its kind as well but kinda in the limelight behind Zoo. ya know?

Great topic though!!

There's Mr. Popman! I wondered when you'd show up!
  12. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

There's Mr. Popman! I wondered when you'd show up!

hahahaha heyyyy...yeh I just hiked a mountain so I've been inactive..sorry...im back though!!!