1. If we need a different version here, I'll be happy to share from my CD. Honestly, it's a recording of soundcheck from outside the stadium (or high up in the seats)reminds me of when I was a pre-teen and held my hand held tape recorder up to radio speakers to record song so, you can even not credit me for the source... not something I'd be especially proud of!
  2. Good point, but if I had recorded the only known versions of So Cruel and Acrobat, I would be proud of it and protective of my recording
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:Good point, but if I had recorded the only known versions of So Cruel and Acrobat, I would be proud of it and protective of my recording
    I didn't realize he was the actual recorder. And if he was that protective, he shouldn't have allowed distribution as silver pressed CD in the first place...
  4. Sorry to intervene, but please be reminded that you are commenting on a discussion from 7-10 years ago ...

I think it's only fair and reasonable to respect tapers and/or remasterers wishes. And I don't see why it should be any different with this "Complete Hersey Tapes" by yauckt.

(Anyway,) I happen to have the original shared lossless version (in .ape) and I converted this via TLH to .wav and then with Frontend to .flac as to preserve the lossless nature of this share and then took the liberty of uploading it to our server:

https://mega.nz/#!dkkgDYQa!KEn5EZiNK1lcjBtJexwm-VRrwy_EHdDIxD4HQtV-0i0

PS: I did not rename or tag any of the files, but the original info file is included
  5. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I didn't realize he was the actual recorder. And if he was that protective, he shouldn't have allowed distribution as silver pressed CD in the first place...
    As if silver CDs were always pressed according to the tapers' wishes
  6. That's the only point I was trying to make. The first thing I do with a silver pressed CD is rip it to my itunes library for preservation. Oops! Sorry... converted to mp3.

My silver pressed copy is on Bullseye Records, "product of Australia" with no other credits. And this is uploaded all over various sites with no official credit.

Then there's this from a different forum: "Hello, Can anybody tell me where I can download U2 - the hershey tapes lp full album rar better than crap youtube mp3 quality. I heard there is a guy with a nickname pbthal who digitized full album from master tape! and uploaded to some private site with the best sound.

maybe we should look for pbthal version! Are pbthal and yauckt the same dude? Did they both do separate enhancements? Is one taking credit for the others work?

But, I do get it, Joyce... but it was all his bedside manner. Credit where credit is due. But my point was, once it's out on CD (which was released for profit) then it's hard to control. And I didn't even pay attention to the date of posts... It was brought into active and I just jumped the thread.
  7. This is neither here nor there, but with every rehearsal of Acrobat eventually leading into Zoo Station, do we suspect they had the idea to OPEN the show with a snippet of Acrobat, or that they might have planned Zoo Station to be later in the show?

I've known about the Hershey tapes for a decade and never stopped to think that they imply that ZooTV was maybe not always going to open with Zoo Station!
  8. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

But, I do get it, Joyce... but it was all his bedside manner. Credit where credit is due. But my point was, once it's out on CD (which was released for profit) then it's hard to control. And I didn't even pay attention to the date of posts... It was brought into active and I just jumped the thread.
    All fair points regarding ripping silver pressed cd's, but this particular upload on u2start never came from silver cd's but straight from the remastered tape:

Unknown Gen TDK-D90/SONY TC-WE825S/MARANTZ EQ315/SB LIVE!/NERO WAV EDITOR/"my washing machine"/CD/EAC/APE

[...]

Yauckt

--- PLEASE DO NOT ENCODE TO LOSSY FORMAT ---
  9. Originally posted by MattG:This is neither here nor there, but with every rehearsal of Acrobat eventually leading into Zoo Station, do we suspect they had the idea to OPEN the show with a snippet of Acrobat, or that they might have planned Zoo Station to be later in the show?

I've known about the Hershey tapes for a decade and never stopped to think that they imply that ZooTV was maybe not always going to open with Zoo Station!
    I believe there is a quote where someone says they were going to open with acrobat, but decided against it because they didn't want the crowd to think the band were telling them to fuck off or something to that extent

Here you go:

'We rehearsed a version on 'Zoo TV' that opened with Acrobat and was extremely dramatic, though in a stadium situation it could be argued that it might have the same dramatic impact as walking out on stage and telling the audience to fuck off. I think U2 might well perform it some day, but 'till then this astonishing recording will have to do.'

Willie Williams
  10. Thanks for the upload Joyce. Very much appreciated.
  11. You're welcome

Sorry for my late reply but this thread has recently come up in conversation and I thought this was a nice way to bump this topic

Cheers