1. I actually hope they don't reform. Stipe is too much.
  2. I've never got the love for coming to certain bands' threads to say how crap they are to you. It's like coming into a church and yell "your God doesn't exist", where's the point?
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I've never got the love for coming to certain bands' threads to say how crap they are to you. It's like coming into a church and yell "your God doesn't exist", where's the point?
    It’s the same as all criticism though really on any thread. We’re all guilty of it. There’s no need to say on any thread how much we dislike a song for example. It doesn’t achieve anything it just gets our opinion out there. We could quite easily chose to participate in only a positive manner but it would make conversations far less interesting to be fair and make the threads probably a lot quieter in general admittedly this particular thread likely wouldn’t suffer too much from it but including the original post it’s gained at least 3 more entries (4 now lol).

4. So far I don't really like these new mixes. The original was far from perfect to start with, but the new mixed almost sound like demos, that's why they sound like Hi-Fi...and Hi-FI is way better album than Monster imho :-)
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It’s the same as all criticism though really on any thread. We’re all guilty of it. There’s no need to say on any thread how much we dislike a song for example. It doesn’t achieve anything it just gets our opinion out there. We could quite easily chose to participate in only a positive manner but it would make conversations far less interesting to be fair and make the threads probably a lot quieter in general admittedly this particular thread likely wouldn’t suffer too much from it but including the original post it’s gained at least 3 more entries (4 now lol).
    Haha, good point now that I look at it we're all guilty indeed... But I don't know. It's different when it comes to U2 - this is a U2 board and discussing what we like and what we don't about all aspects of U2 is kinda logical. But clicking on a specific band's thread just to tell how much you dislike it? C'monnnn. I'm not really into The Alarm or Keane so whenever their threads come up I just don't go in and post how "meh" they are to me. If anything I'd go in and ask people to post their top10 songs so I could get into them or something. Don't know, maybe I'm just nitpicking lol
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Haha, good point now that I look at it we're all guilty indeed... But I don't know. It's different when it comes to U2 - this is a U2 board and discussing what we like and what we don't about all aspects of U2 is kinda logical. But clicking on a specific band's thread just to tell how much you dislike it? C'monnnn. I'm not really into The Alarm or Keane so whenever their threads come up I just don't go in and post how "meh" they are to me. If anything I'd go in and ask people to post their top10 songs so I could get into them or something. Don't know, maybe I'm just nitpicking lol
    I get where you’re coming from and i actually sort of agree with you. I wouldn’t go onto a thread for another band either just to say I didn’t like them. I guess what I’m saying is whilst that’s not your thing or my thing even miryclay or anyone else for that matter should be able to do it because that’s the nature of these threads whether we like it or not, opinions can and will be shared and they will be varied . Nobody wants the place becoming overly negative but the balance of these things does usually tend to be towards more positive posts with a handful of negative stuff thrown in which certainly sparks some further discussion. There’s some stuff that’s unacceptable obviously (rare on this site) but I think it’s very clear to see when it appears. Anyway I’m getting way to into this and I mean it in good spirit. To try and get something on topic in (lol) I haven’t listened to a massive amount of REM but like most of the big hits and Nightswimming is an incredible song, would love to witness that live one day.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I get where you’re coming from and i actually sort of agree with you. I wouldn’t go onto a thread for another band either just to say I didn’t like them. I guess what I’m saying is whilst that’s not your thing or my thing even miryclay or anyone else for that matter should be able to do it because that’s the nature of these threads whether we like it or not, opinions can and will be shared and they will be varied . Nobody wants the place becoming overly negative but the balance of these things does usually tend to be towards more positive posts with a handful of negative stuff thrown in which certainly sparks some further discussion. There’s some stuff that’s unacceptable obviously (rare on this site) but I think it’s very clear to see when it appears. Anyway I’m getting way to into this and I mean it in good spirit. To try and get something on topic in (lol) I haven’t listened to a massive amount of REM but like most of the big hits and Nightswimming is an incredible song, would love to witness that live one day.
    Amen to everything (including Nightswimming lol)
  8. Along with REM ,Soundgarden.Green Day.Radiohead.Pearl Jam.Foo Fighters.Red Hot Chili Peppers dominated the airways in the 90s,U2 were in their experimental phase and apart from Achtung Baby weren't getting played that much on mainstream radio Pop certainly wasn't, during the 90s REM released 5 studio albums which were critically and commercial successful their refusal to tour some of those records was a good move as it allowed them to experiment and release more music.
  9. Michael said today in Germany that they maybe will play together if the aliens comes to the earth.
  10. 20th century go to sleep. That's all I gotta say.
  11. Originally posted by RememberEveryMoment:[..]

So far I don't really like these new mixes. The original was far from perfect to start with, but the new mixed almost sound like demos, that's why they sound like Hi-Fi...and Hi-FI is way better album than Monster imho :-)
    This is true