1. Originally posted by RUMMY:Maybe laziness on me for not exploring all the bootlegs myself but I was wondering if any of you super fans could give me a list of the best live audio recording of their "hits" from the 80's and 90's? There have been some wonderful videos shared here recently and I wouldn't mind getting some of the performances to put into Apple Music. And yes, I do know how to use one of those YouTube to mp3 converters but I was hoping to keep the sound quality as high as possible. ;-)

For the record, I quite like and respect REM but my own fandom is not at the same level as it is for bands like U2, Radiohead, Oasis, or Pearl Jam. I know Automatic For The People very well but really just the singles (and songs like Country Feedback, Me and Honey, and Let Me In) outside of that. I have been listening to some of their earlier records lately but it's been sort of "background" music while doing so.
    Do yourself a favor and listen to Murmur and Life’s rich pageant. All of their 80’s stuff is really good, but those 2 albums are fan-fucking-tastic!
  2. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Do yourself a favor and listen to Murmur and Life’s rich pageant. All of their 80’s stuff is really good, but those 2 albums are fan-fucking-tastic!
    And Reckoning.
  3. 2008 Manchester still one of best gigs I’ve seen. N the loudest bass sound I’ve heard bar in Ibiza lol.
  4. My copy of New Adventures in HiFi has arrived! 25th Anniversary! Such an amazing album!
  5. Ooh I'll have to check it out -- one of my favorites of theirs for sure!

6. Grand still waiting for mine.
    One of their greatest albums of all times.
    E-Bow the letter. Leave. So fast, so numb.
  7. Reminds me of this:

I notice EV is playing REM's Drive on this tour. Does anyone remember this arrangement of Drive from Alternative NRG?

8. That's the way they played it live for a long time. I don't like this version, mostly because the album version is so so good and the way they played it later on in their career is so much more agressive/haunting/beautiful. It's possible my favourite REM track.
  9. THANKS for the link