1. AROBTTH was by far the best. no doubt
  2. Originally posted by thebonodrumsAROBTTH was by far the best. no doubt

Yep, my favorite one too. Though Parachutes is good too for some occassions.
  3. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Yep, my favorite one too. Though Parachutes is good too for some occassions.

A very good debut album. They just grew more for the second, so far seminal, work.
  4. excited indeed, but less than for the presumed new U2 album
  5. I read that the new album won't last longer than 42 minutes...there are only 9 songs on it with at least two world-hits, they say. Got it from a Dutch source...couldn't find the English one.
  6. Originally posted by MWSAHI read that the new album won't last longer than 42 minutes...there are only 9 songs on it with at least two world-hits, they say. Got it from a Dutch source...couldn't find the English one.

It must be sticking as I've heard that somewhere too.
  7. Originally posted by MWSAHI read that the new album won't last longer than 42 minutes...there are only 9 songs on it with at least two world-hits, they say. Got it from a Dutch source...couldn't find the English one.

thats a bummer.... at least for me.... I really hate those albums that don't last more than 40 min... to me a regular album should last at least 50 min...
    songs should be longer.. in the case of coldplay I have their first 2 albums, Parachutes and AROBTTH, and I really enjoy them but sometimes I feel they should be longer..
    I really don't know why is that..
  8. Originally posted by JohnnyVOXX[..]

thats a bummer.... at least for me.... I really hate those albums that don't last more than 40 min... to me a regular album should last at least 50 min...
    songs should be longer.. in the case of coldplay I have their first 2 albums, Parachutes and AROBTTH, and I really enjoy them but sometimes I feel they should be longer..
    I really don't know why is that..

About the length of songs..I don't like it too. I especially hate it when Radio Stations cut the songs. Here in Holland, they did that with COBL and SYCMIOYO (when the song really gets on fire, they cut it...). They do that for commercial reasons, I think. I never hear a song being played for 5 minutes or longer. Never...
  9. Coldplay’s fourth album, due out on June 16th [UK], June 17th [US], will be called Viva la Vida.

Singer Chris Martin chose it after seeing the phrase, which means “long live life,” on a painting by Mexican artist Frida Kahlo, who endured polio, a broken spine, and chronic pain for decades. “She went through a lot of shit, of course, and then she started a big painting in her house that said ‘Viva la Vida,’” says Martin. “I just loved the boldness of it.”

Of course, Frida Kahlo will not be the first name that jumps to most peoples’ minds when they hear the phrase. “Everyone thinks it comes from Ricky Martin, which is fine. I have absolute respect,” says the singer, who gave Coldplay its original name, Pectoralz, and named his children Apple and Moses. “I’ve been through this before, naming something or someone and everyone saying that ‘That’s a terrible name’. But then saying, ‘Well, fuck you, that’s what it’s called, and I’ll be proved to be right eventually’. So when Viva la Vida came along, I was kind of annoyed because I’m going to have to try and convince everybody of this, but it just felt right.”
  10. ^^ thanks for the info ben!
    i just listened to X&Y today morning and wondered when the new album will finally arrive.
    june 17th - looking forward!

plus i kinda dig the title
  11. Originally posted by loftarasa^^ thanks for the info ben!
    i just listened to X&Y today morning and wondered when the new album will finally arrive.
    june 17th - looking forward!

plus i kinda dig the title

hmm...the title reminds me of Ricky Martin...not my favorite
  12. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

hmm...the title reminds me of Ricky Martin...not my favorite

That was my first thought, too.

I'm not a Coldplay fanatic myself, more of a casual fan, I guess. I saw them live once in 2002 and they were pretty good.
    Gonna buy the new album nevertheless.