1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Been listening to these guys again over the past few days (mainly the first three albums).

I really want these guys to have an All That You Can't Leave Behind moment and go back to:

Drums
    Bass
    Guitar
    Piano
    Acoustic Guitar
    Vocals

And that's it. Get in a room and write songs and don't over-produce them. If I can get picky and even more entitled, I want them to start writing songs again that aren't so damn surface.
    I think they're definitely somewhere in their Zooropa/Passengers/Pop phase. Like you, I'm eagerly awaiting their ATYCLB.
  2. That's 3 of us waiting then.
    I can't even name 5 of their post-2012 songs to be honest I'm so detached from their post MX work.
  3. Won't stop them headlining Glastonbury again next June though.
  4. Coldplay in what phase ?! Zooropa / Passengers / Pop phase !! You really made me laugh hard .... Lol Lol Lol !! I think you are being sarcastic..... Otherwise if you are serious than your comment is a great insult to U2's most creative phase.
  5. Originally posted by TRISTAN:[..]
    Coldplay in what phase ?! Zooropa / Passengers / Pop phase !! You really made me laugh hard .... Lol Lol Lol !! I think you are being sarcastic..... Otherwise if you are serious than your comment is a great insult to U2's most creative phase.
    A comparison of how different the work is from their earlier work, not a comparison of quality.
  6. I think anyone openminded enough would have understood your post. And yeah, I agree. The sad part is that AB/Zooropa/Passengers/Pop phase was arguably U2's creative peak, while Coldplay's post-VLV phase is arguably their all time lowest
  7. Well, there's the release date then, 22nd November 2019 - what Coldplay's definition of 'experimental' will be interesting, lol

8. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Well, there's the release date then, 22nd November 2019 - what Coldplay's definition of 'experimental' will be interesting, lol

https://twitter.com/stereogum/status/1184103170206769152

Instagram: MEU DEUS!!! ANÚNCIO DO COLDPLAY NO METRÔ DE SÃO PAULO COM UMA DATA: 22 DE NOVEMBRO, 1919. ELES ESTÃO DE VOLTA, MUNDO!!! Localização: Estação Paulista, Linha 4 Amarela. Provável data de lançamento do novo álbum. [Fonte: Luiz Fernando no Facebook] #ChrisMartin #Coldplay

Hopefully it means Brian Eno is producing and it is closer to their older work than their recent pop efforts. If it is anything like All I Can Think About Is You or A L I E N S from their recent ep kaleidoscope I'll be happy.
  9. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:Well, there's the release date then, 22nd November 2019 - what Coldplay's definition of 'experimental' will be interesting, lol

https://twitter.com/stereogum/status/1184103170206769152

Instagram: MEU DEUS!!! ANÚNCIO DO COLDPLAY NO METRÔ DE SÃO PAULO COM UMA DATA: 22 DE NOVEMBRO, 1919. ELES ESTÃO DE VOLTA, MUNDO!!! Localização: Estação Paulista, Linha 4 Amarela. Provável data de lançamento do novo álbum. [Fonte: Luiz Fernando no Facebook] #ChrisMartin #Coldplay

If it's a departure from their previous albums I'll be listening to this one carefully.

What a strange way to announce it btw