1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    If it's a departure from their previous albums I'll be listening to this one carefully.

What a strange way to announce it btw
    Seems like the poster went up a little early. Coldplay changed their social media profile picture so looks like we should get a proper announcement of something soon
  2. Whatever happened to that Los Unidades bullshit?
  3. I think that was just a side project to coincide with a Global Citizen event in South Africa. The songs weren't bad, really, but I doubt we'll see them again...
  4. As a Coldplay lover .... I do NOT have my hopes up for this one ... something just like this was something just crap. Sorry :/
  5. I am a Coldplay lover right up until AHFOD. I get that they’re doing what they have to do to stay relavent and popular, but I don’t like it. I suppose it’s how U2 fans of the early 80’s felt about zooropa and pop. I am a Coldplay fan all the way back to when Yellow was an up and coming song, whose video was only shown on MTV 2. I saw them live in a small venue in 2003, and I could just tell they were going to be conquering stadiums someday.

I hope I like the new album a lot better!
  6. Originally posted by JRoz:[..]
    Seems like the poster went up a little early. Coldplay changed their social media profile picture so looks like we should get a proper announcement of something soon
    Tomorrow I’m guessing (Friday)
  7. I was a massive Coldplay fan until I started to listen to U2, then I realised that the best of Coldplay was really just not as good as the best of U2, still a big fan though. Their recent more pop centric work, specifically Ghost Stories and AHFOD are pretty forgettable. I have a soft spot for Mylo Xyloto though because Brian Eno works wonders on an otherwise middle of the road pop album.

I must say their newer pop songs works really well live when they have fireworks, confetti cannons, xylobands and laser lights supporting them. Coldplay seemed to have a way of making their extremely bland and generic pop songs seem interesting live, however they lose their luster when you go back to the album versions.
  8. this could be interesting.
  9. Oh man I'm excited now
  10. Lmao I read this post and just laughed. You're my favourite, Sergio.

I'm cautiously excited about this, because as much as I've hated their last few efforts, the potential of a GOOD Coldplay album is always exciting to me.

Agree with all of you, I'm hoping "experimental" just means "not like our last few albums" / "good".
  11. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Lmao I read this post and just laughed. You're my favourite, Sergio.

I'm cautiously excited about this, because as much as I've hated their last few efforts, the potential of a GOOD Coldplay album is always exciting to me.

Agree with all of you, I'm hoping "experimental" just means "not like our last few albums" / "good".
    Here's to you, good sir

Same here. I'm up for everything that departs from their last releases, I don't care if it's nu metal, Groenlandian folk or minimalist electronic shit - just don't be another easy synth pop band. Please.