1. Liking this album more each time I spin it (which admittedly has only been twice, now). They dropped the bubble-gum and weren't afraid to be understated, and it goes a long way. Orphans surprised me as being the poppiest song on the album - and I gotta say, after hearing that particular song multiple times now, it's a bop - I dig it.
  2. .in my view its a great album..first heard on Sunday morning.... wihth my two young sons.
    Morning coffee...sunrise..and Coldplay playin' Sunrisie in Jodan.
    Pure Magi.
  3. my favorite tune, that bassline in the chorus
  4. My favorite track: all the album.
    Album of the year, by the way.
  5. Like a lot of songs on the record , definitely a return to form . Got rid of that EDM crap to appeal to the kiddies.

If it was a single album with 10 tracks it would be superb . Like a lot on there but as always with double albums there’s some rubbish
  6. Originally posted by fragueboy:U2 should be very scared about the success and criticial acclaim of this album, this album has thrust Coldplay back into the limelight and re-gained them the respect of critics again,

It goes to show that U2 need to move their sound forward and challenge their listeners if they want the re-gain respect of critics. U2 should take close note of this and should aim to follow the example that Coldplay have shown.

I don't want U2 to fall in the Coldplayness lol
  7. Originally posted by fragueboy:U2 should be very scared about the success and criticial acclaim of this album, this album has thrust Coldplay back into the limelight and re-gained them the respect of critics again,

It goes to show that U2 need to move their sound forward and challenge their listeners if they want the re-gain respect of critics. U2 should take close note of this and should aim to follow the example that Coldplay have shown.

Umm... let's compare where U2 were at after they had been going for 20 years (how long Coldplay have been going now) with the release of ATYCLB. Groundbreaking success! Then followed up by HTDAAB...

I just can't comprehend the comparison of Coldplay to U2... Coldplay have been going for 20 years and U2 for 40... Get back to me with how Coldplay are tracking in the year 2040.
  8. I wanted to wait until after a good few more listens to follow up on my initial comments about this album. Having done that I think this is a very good album from them. A real return to form and as mentioned just a couple of comments ago arguably album of the year although Bruce Springsteen’s western stars is good competition. Really happy to hear music from the band I can connect with again.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:I wanted to wait until after a good few more listens to follow up on my initial comments about this album. Having done that I think this is a very good album from them. A real return to form and as mentioned just a couple of comments ago arguably album of the year although Bruce Springsteen’s western stars is good competition. Really happy to hear music from the band I can connect with again.
    I like it very much, but the National has made the album of the year for me.
  10. Originally posted by colbourne25:[..]

Umm... let's compare where U2 were at after they had been going for 20 years (how long Coldplay have been going now) with the release of ATYCLB. Groundbreaking success! Then followed up by HTDAAB...

I just can't comprehend the comparison of Coldplay to U2... Coldplay have been going for 20 years and U2 for 40... Get back to me with how Coldplay are tracking in the year 2040.
    Thankyou!
  11. After digesting this album i like it quite a lot. A lot different from the previous album(s) which is good thing and what the band needed. Love the opener of sunrise and church, like trouble in town and eko has a great melody