1. Chris Martin always looks like he is teaching spinning classes the way he jumps around on stage he never looked like a Rock star even his interviews he comes across as vulnerable and awkward, now maybe that's why they are popular people can relate aswell as having some good songs along the way,.but this latest offering is poor and it's like they rehashed the music from a WAV file they had stored on a music app.
  2. Originally posted by popmarter:Chris Martin always looks like he is teaching spinning classes the way he jumps around on stage he never looked like a Rock star even his interviews he comes across as vulnerable and awkward, now maybe that's why they are popular people can relate aswell as having some good songs along the way,.but this latest offering is poor and it's like they rehashed the music from a WAV file they had stored on a music app.
    100% agree
  3. I don't like the new song.

Sounds like something from the 80's I think.
    The last album "Everyday Life" is so much better.
  4. Well, I finally listened to the new song and -against all odds- I quite like it. I mean, it's not anywhere close to anything from Parachutes-Rush-XY-VLV, buuuuuut it's fun and the Weeknd influence in the drums/synths brings a new freshness to it.

So sad that Jon Buckland has left the band though.
  5. It'll sell well, it's catchy and breezy but doesn't do anything deep. I thought they were on a more interesting trip on Everyday Life, but like Ghost Stories before A Head Full Of Dreams, that seemed like a short detour before now getting back to formulaic pop.

I'll wait for the album to hear it in context with the rest, and it sounds like a hybrid of previous tracks, Birds and Hurts Like Heaven.
  6. Coldplay like U2 have their detractors the bigger the band the bigger the target however you'll have a hard time finding someone that doesn't like at least one song or album from either of them ,I know people that gave up on U2 post Rattle and Hum and with Coldplay post X&Y it happens same with most bands a lot of it can be down to age or personal circumstances like the people they hang out with etc.
  7. Originally posted by popmarter:Coldplay like U2 have their detractors the bigger the band the bigger the target however you'll have a hard time finding someone that doesn't like at least one song or album from either of them ,I know people that gave up on U2 post Rattle and Hum and with Coldplay post X&Y it happens same with most bands a lot of it can be down to age or personal circumstances like the people they hang out with etc.
    There is a popular expression that say rock bands are only 10 years old. After that it is just nostalgic tours and some good music. U2 was a rock band until 1989/90. Then U2 became other thing, perhaps greater, but not a rock band like 1984/89. Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd who are the biggest have peaked in 10 years. The Rolling Stones haven't released anything decent since 1982 (Tatto you), but they are exceptions. The majoritary fans of any band liking songs of 10 first years. In ten years all bands will start to reap the laurels or disappear is the best way.
  8. Coldplay seem to be on a 1 good album then 1 bad album then 1 good album again etc schedule for some odd reason. Except the first two were both good...
  9. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:[..]
    There is a popular expression that say rock bands are only 10 years old. After that it is just nostalgic tours and some good music. U2 was a rock band until 1989/90. Then U2 became other thing, perhaps greater, but not a rock band like 1984/89. Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd who are the biggest have peaked in 10 years. The Rolling Stones haven't released anything decent since 1982 (Tatto you), but they are exceptions. The majoritary fans of any band liking songs of 10 first years. In ten years all bands will start to reap the laurels or disappear is the best way.
    I see your point but one band that had bucked that trend is Radiohead - and I believe Chris Martin is one of their biggest fans!
  10. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:[..]
    I don’t agree with that at all. TUF isn’t a more rock album than AB. Even the likes of HTDAAB has more rocking songs than JT, not better songs but more in the rock genre. I always see u2 though in general as having almost created their own genre. Coldplay could do the same, albums like ghost stories and certain songs over the last while like All I Can Think About Is You show they could have their own genre almost but they have fallen into a more commercial trap that I think will only bring them short term success and popularity but ultimately won’t do anything for their legacy. They will never challenge the first 3 albums going down the route they are going down.
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:Well, I finally listened to the new song and -against all odds- I quite like it. I mean, it's not anywhere close to anything from Parachutes-Rush-XY-VLV, buuuuuut it's fun and the Weeknd influence in the drums/synths brings a new freshness to it.

So sad that Jon Buckland has left the band though.
    Jonny left for real?