1. Originally posted by zbych:I remember back in 97 some Polish journalist wrote an article about u2 calling it “rule of odd records” with a thesis that Boy-War-JT-AB-Pop are the good ones and October-UNFire-Rattle-Zooropa are bad ones… well it was controversial but he had some points… now look at Coldplay since Viva it has really been a up and down ride… Viva-Ghot-Everyday are good ones and Mylo-AHead-Music are bad ones the good thing is the next one should be the better one for now let’s focus on Humankind People Of the Pride and Coloratura
    For one none of those U2 albums are “bad” ones. Zooropa is on a whole other level compared to the rest of U2s stuff.

2. I love the instrumentals for these songs but I’ve gotta say the lyrics are hot garbage.

We’re only human
    I know, I know, I know
    How we’re designed
    Oh I know, I know, I know,
    We’re only human,
    But we’re capable of kindness so they call us humankind

3. It is a hideous record.
  4. My 14 years old daughter can write lyrics 100 times better than that.
  5. I can't figure out the album.
    Can someone make an ambient mix of "Coloratura"?
  6. Time for Coldplay to hang it up
  7. I know Coldplay aren’t exactly everyone on this sites favourite band but I don’t remember the comments being so overwhelmingly against them before. Sounds like they really have released a stinker but I’ll need to give it a listen and find out for myself. I quite liked the everyday life album, still do but even from the way they’ve marketed this new album it seems like a completely different vibe and one I haven’t been excited about visiting.
  8. Well Chris will never reach Bono (past) standards. Anyway just recently Polish band Nocny Kochanek (Night lover) released a cover album with covers sang in Polish.... how rubish ACDC sounds when you start to focus on words instead of just music and "vocal" line so probably being not a native english speaker makes listening to Coldplay easier as you foucs on melodies not words in first place still not defending the MOTS at all
  9. It's amazing how Coldplay get lumped in with U2 so often...I must have missed their Achtung Baby / Zootv / Zooropa / Pop / Popmart esque period. Always been turgid.
  10. Originally posted by badirishcharlie:It's amazing how Coldplay get lumped in with U2 so often...I must have missed their Achtung Baby / Zootv / Zooropa / Pop / Popmart esque period. Always been turgid.
    Coldplay in the 00’s followed a similar career path and sound to what U2 did in the 80’s. People were excited to label them as the “NEXT U2”, as U2 themselves were experiencing a career resurgence during Coldplay’s early years. There were many similarities. Some intentional, some not, and some the public put on Coldplay because they wanted them to be perceived as U2 jr.

Around Mylo Xyloto they began to follow the pop trends, instead of making the trends. This proceeded to get worse, until we come to today.
  11. Why? They are still having #1 hits and selling out stadiums. I may not like it, but it’s clearly working for them. I don’t like most pop music made today, but that music isn’t made for me, and neither is New Coldplay.

There’s a reason why I listened to Viva la vida today instead of MotS.
  12. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..]
    Coldplay in the 00’s followed a similar career path and sound to what U2 did in the 80’s. People were excited to label them as the “NEXT U2”, as U2 themselves were experiencing a career resurgence during Coldplay’s early years. There were many similarities. Some intentional, some not, and some the public put on Coldplay because they wanted them to be perceived as U2 jr.

Around Mylo Xyloto they began to follow the pop trends, instead of making the trends. This proceeded to get worse, until we come to today.
    I think Coldplay were going on a great path up until x&y. I’m not a fan of viva la Vida but I could have lived with that if they broke new ground after that but really you’re right since then they’ve sacrificed artistic integrity for mainstream popularity.