1. No Coldplay please. This is a U2 site
  2. There's lot of topics of lot of other bands. If you're not interested, just don't read it
  3. Exactly, don’t turn the site into one of they Facebook pages that doesn’t allow any flexibility with the chat, very boring.
  4. If we stick to U2 chat this forum may as well be closed for a few years.
  5. I’ve been making up playlists of my favourite artists lately. Here’s what I came up with for Coldplay who were one of my favourites back in the day

1. Church
    2. Square One
    3. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
    4. The Scientist
    5. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
    6. Paradise
    7. Shiver
    8. Trouble
    9. Politik
    10. Clocks
    11. Talk
    12. X&Y
    13. Warning Sign
    14. All I Can Think About Is You
    15. Speed Of Sound
    16. Yellow
    17. Strawberry Swing
    18. Hurts Like Heaven
    19. Ink
    20. Fix You
    21. Low
    22. Charlie Brown
    23. True Love
    24. Twisted Logic
    25. Death And All Of His Friends
    26. Everything’s Not Lost
    27. A Rush Of Blood To The Head
    28. In My Place
    29. Champion Of The World
    30. Everyday Life
    31. Amsterdam
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:I’ve been making up playlists of my favourite artists lately. Here’s what I came up with for Coldplay who were one of my favourites back in the day

1. Church
    2. Square One
    4. The Scientist
    6. Paradise
    7. Shiver
    8. Trouble
    9. Politik
    10. Clocks
    11. Talk
    12. X&Y
    13. Warning Sign
    15. Speed Of Sound
    16. Yellow
    17. Strawberry Swing
    18. Hurts Like Heaven
    19. Ink
    20. Fix You
    21. Low
    22. Charlie Brown
    23. True Love
    24. Twisted Logic
    28. In My Place
    30. Everyday Life
    31. Amsterdam
    There's so much greatness in that 31 songs. SO MANY great songs. It's hard to believe that the four guys that wrote Shiver, Amsterdam or AROBTTH are the very same that have thought releasing Biutyful or Humankind was a good idea.
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    There's so much greatness in that 31 songs. SO MANY great songs. It's hard to believe that the four guys that wrote Shiver, Amsterdam or AROBTTH are the very same that have thought releasing Biutyful or Humankind was a good idea.
    Used to be a great band didn’t they. Maybe something special will happen again somewhere down the line. I don’t think it’s too late but it’s almost past the point of even hoping anymore. I say almost because ultimately I do hope for it but I don’t spend significant time thinking about their future releases just a thought here and there.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Used to be a great band didn’t they. Maybe something special will happen again somewhere down the line. I don’t think it’s too late but it’s almost past the point of even hoping anymore. I say almost because ultimately I do hope for it but I don’t spend significant time thinking about their future releases just a thought here and there.
    Yes, they were - and I'm sure they still have that spark somewhere, somehow. Quoting one of their songs, I hope everything's not lost. Coloratura is great and oo ("infinity") is interesting too if you manage to ignore the Ole Ole Ole chant. I really hope they abandon their everlasting quest to be the most mainstream and generic pop band out there and go back to producing interesting music in the line of those two songs.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:I’ve been making up playlists of my favourite artists lately. Here’s what I came up with for Coldplay who were one of my favourites back in the day

1. Church
    2. Square One
    4. The Scientist
    6. Paradise
    7. Shiver
    8. Trouble
    9. Politik
    10. Clocks
    11. Talk
    12. X&Y
    13. Warning Sign
    15. Speed Of Sound
    16. Yellow
    17. Strawberry Swing
    18. Hurts Like Heaven
    19. Ink
    20. Fix You
    21. Low
    22. Charlie Brown
    23. True Love
    24. Twisted Logic
    28. In My Place
    30. Everyday Life
    31. Amsterdam
    So many great songs !!!
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes, they were - and I'm sure they still have that spark somewhere, somehow. Quoting one of their songs, I hope everything's not lost. Coloratura is great and oo ("infinity") is interesting too if you manage to ignore the Ole Ole Ole chant. I really hope they abandon their everlasting quest to be the most mainstream and generic pop band out there and go back to producing interesting music in the line of those two songs.
    +1

I think they're definitely capable of still making great music. EL has some pretty good songs in it (Church, Daddy). Coloratura has a stellar melody, even though the production is overblown.

A bit like U2, I think, they desperately want to remain relevant. And they somewhat lose the plot.