1. I have a lot of problems with the setlist on this tour, but the Xylo bands truly are incredible and amazing live.
  2. 10 consecutive stadium shows in Buenos Aires on this tour???
  3. Yes, 10 concerts at River Plate stadium, and 9 concerts in Brazil. In Brazil, 1 at rock in rio, 2 at the Olympic stadium in Rio and 6 at Allianz Parque in São Paulo. And almost all sold out. Something never seen before.
  4. Yes. Surreal. The worst their music get, the more stadiums they sell out in Europe and Central/South America. Six Wembleys? Ten River Plates? Six Allianz Parques? Four King Baldouin in Brussels, Stade de France in Paris, three Berlin Olympic and Frankfurt Waldstadion, all sold out? It's incredible.

Seeing these crazy figures, it's funny to see how they're struggling with the US. Playing 3 gigs this week (Philly, Atlanta and Florida) and none of them are sold out - not even close! GA and plenty of seats available for the 3 of them.
  5. Glad I saw them around their peak in 2009 and 2012
  6. Glad I saw them around their peak in 2003 😉
  7. I first saw them at a 2000 cap venue in Columbus 2003, and that was truly a sight to behold. I knew they were going to be huge, they played that small venue like it was a stadium. That was a great setlist. This new setlist is not good in my opinion, and I am not a fan of the newest album. I’ll still go if they come anywhere in Ohio/Indianapolis, but I won’t go farther than a few hours from home for this show.

Their drawing power is truly amazing. They really are the last stadium band. This new tour will probably surpass the 360 tour. Their popularity in Europe and South/Central America is unprecedented.

North America is a little different. NA stadium gigs have a pricing structure that ensures maximum profits. They start expensive, and then back off the price little by little right up until the day of the show. All of these Coldplay US shows have been full, despite having tickets available right up until showtime. If a show sells out the first day that means tickets were too cheap. Even The Rolling Stones don’t completely fill stadiums in the US, but they still take in the millions with this new pricing structure.
  8. Originally posted by podiumboy:[..] They really are the last stadium band. This new tour will probably surpass the 360 tour. Their popularity in Europe and South/Central America is unprecedented.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing before. Maybe not this year but if they continue next year they probably will surpass 360 and Ed Sheeran's tour, which is crazy.
  9. Last time i saw them was 2012. Didn't like Mylo Xyloto at all, but the shows were still solid. By the time they released Ghost Stories i lost all my interest in Coldplay
  10. Originally posted by Zwervervriend:Last time i saw them was 2012. Didn't like Mylo Xyloto at all, but the shows were still solid. By the time they released Ghost Stories i lost all my interest in Coldplay
    Yeah, same here. I wasn't a big MX fan but that 2012 show was one of the best gigs I've ever attended by any artist. It was absolutely phenomenal in every single aspect including the heavy rain before and during the show.

11. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes. Surreal. The worst their music get, the more stadiums they sell out in Europe and Central/South America. Six Wembleys? Ten River Plates? Six Allianz Parques? Four King Baldouin in Brussels, Stade de France in Paris, three Berlin Olympic and Frankfurt Waldstadion, all sold out? It's incredible.

Seeing these crazy figures, it's funny to see how they're struggling with the US. Playing 3 gigs this week (Philly, Atlanta and Florida) and none of them are sold out - not even close! GA and plenty of seats available for the 3 of them.
    "The worst their music get, the more stadiums they sell out in Europe and Central/South America."
    .....The above statement captures perfectly the current sorry state of people's poor musical taste.