1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah, same here. I wasn't a big MX fan but that 2012 show was one of the best gigs I've ever attended by any artist. It was absolutely phenomenal in every single aspect including the heavy rain before and during the show.

[YouTube Video]
    Might not have been the musical peak which happened a lot earlier, but live, there is no beating 2012. The arena shows for Viva were great too but there is no comparison for 2012.

Wish I got to see the small venues and the rare Rush songs live but 2012 was a special tour and they certainly were the biggest band in the world from that point.
  2. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    Might not have been the musical peak which happened a lot earlier, but live, there is no beating 2012. The arena shows for Viva were great too but there is no comparison for 2012.

Wish I got to see the small venues and the rare Rush songs live but 2012 was a special tour and they certainly were the biggest band in the world from that point.
    Amen - as much as it hurts to admit it!
  3. To me it seems like it's been the same tour since 2012. I went in 2011, 2017 and now I watched some videos recorded by the public on youtube, it's the same thing.
  4. Except the music is a lot worse.
  5. Originally posted by AnselmoLopes:To me it seems like it's been the same tour since 2012. I went in 2011, 2017 and now I watched some videos recorded by the public on youtube, it's the same thing.
    Accurate. I get a fair amount of Coldplay recommendations on YouTube and everything looks the same. They have found a visual aesthetic and they are sticking to it.
  6. It's all graffiti, confetti, colours, lasers and wristbands. It's been the same for a decade.

They missed the chance of going a much better and interesting route (both musically and aesthetically) with Everyday Life, which is a shame.
  7. I’ll agree and disagree. Their concerts have definitely become repetitive in design and staging, but they remain a spectacle and are a lot of pretty brainless upbeat fun. It’s hard not to have a good time if you even passably like a decent portion of their catalog.

Their last 2 albums imo are largely terrible though. Thankfully this tour does not overly emphasize Everyday Life but could stand to lose some of the Music of the Spheres.
  8. I often wonder if the way I feel about coldplays newer stuff is the same way 80’s U2 fans felt during Pop.
  9. I wonder how much of the current support is because music fans have been starved of stadium shows for over 2 years and there's very few acts staging a large scale tour right now.
  10. Please do not compare their current stuff to the genius of U2s Pop!
  11. agree... and U2 in 90's adopted mostly alternative rock and electronics , while Coldplay are going unashamedly into the most mainstream pop. Except for Coloratura which is surprisingly pretty progressive.