1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    TJT Tour was fairly static, as were all the tours prior to that and most tours after that. Lovetown was a clear exception and it features the most rotation and different setlists in the history of U2 live shows. Of course they'd still change or rotate the odd song here and there, and they're still doing that to this day, but this Coldplay thing really caught me by surprise.
    More than vertigo, 360 or I&E? I know Lovetown was a much shorter tour but there wasn’t that many different songs played compared to vertigo, 360 and I&E. E&I was comparable to Lovetown even though it doesn’t get a reputation of featuring much rotation, in fact quite the opposite, but the stats suggest otherwise.
  2. Someone at work saw them over the weekend. They said apart from 2 songs it was the exact same show they've seen on their previous tours.
  3. Originally posted by SJKamal:Someone at work saw them over the weekend. They said apart from 2 songs it was the exact same show they've seen on their previous tours.
    That is just not true because they played seven songs from Music of the Spheres!!!
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    More than vertigo, 360 or I&E? I know Lovetown was a much shorter tour but there wasn’t that many different songs played compared to vertigo, 360 and I&E. E&I was comparable to Lovetown even though it doesn’t get a reputation of featuring much rotation, in fact quite the opposite, but the stats suggest otherwise.
    Think Lovetown had a constantly changing setlist-order rather than a lot of surprises. Lovetown had 38 songs and 360 tour had 62
  5. Yeah. So easy to check Setlist.fm.
  6. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Think Lovetown had a constantly changing setlist-order rather than a lot of surprises. Lovetown had 38 songs and 360 tour had 62
    Yeah that’s what I’ve taken as well from the Setlists I’ve seen of Lovetown shows, just moving songs about, a few songs that were on constant rotation but I think if we’re looking for exciting selections or inclusions then it isn’t really that great. They were worse back then at including lesser known songs, promoted R&H like they always do with a new album and understandably a lot from JT as well which is no bad thing but only the predictable songs from the first 4 albums.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Lovetown had half a career fewer songs to choose from. Heavy on R&H and JT (especially as JT didn’t make it to quite a few of the cities played during Lovetown). Switching openers and entire segments of the show would be rather exciting nowadays.
  8. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    Lovetown had half a career fewer songs to choose from. Heavy on R&H and JT (especially as JT didn’t make it to quite a few of the cities played during Lovetown). Switching openers and entire segments of the show would be rather exciting nowadays.
    Still over 80 songs to chose from though just as a rough estimate. There was still as much room for Lovetown to expand the number of songs played as there was for E&I. Not only a few songs that had never been played, some that still haven’t, but also plenty of songs they had played on previous tours that didn’t make it. Where vertigo and 360 are different are the number of shows played so they had a lot more room to add more songs from their catalogue which they did. But with E&I vs Lovetown they played a similar number of shows, similar number of different songs and both had realistic room to add more so I think the 2 can be fairly compared and are pretty matched. I&E stands out when you look at number of songs as well as number of shows, far less shows than Vertigo and 360 but only slightly fewer songs played.
  9. I don't know. I didn't go. Doesn't bother me.
  10. Originally posted by SJKamal:Someone at work saw them over the weekend. They said apart from 2 songs it was the exact same show they've seen on their previous tours.
  11. Originally posted by SJKamal:Someone at work saw them over the weekend. They said apart from 2 songs it was the exact same show they've seen on their previous tours.
    2 songs NOT correct BUT… stage wise and props Moro or less the same … they should go away a dream it all up again before next tour 🤣

12. A hell of a night, special guest natalie imbruglia by Jaysus