1. Found this link on joe ahorros' website before I'd finished downloading the same version on Dime. It's a much cleaner recording than the other 2 which are circulating

following is Info from the guy who recorded it.:-
    'this one from right up front, but on the side. I had GA's,
    chose to sit a few rows up on the side in a section that went on sale the day of the show
    but must not have sold very well because it was wide open and security didn't care
    who sat there. So this is a pretty solid tape all the way around. One "whoo" guy behind
    me and some wind blowing, but I'd still say it's excellent quality.
    Recorded about 30 feet off left side of stage'

http://www.sendspace.com/file/psm5dc
  2. IMHO Chrisedge's recording is not more worse at least. Too much crowd noise on this one, I hear a girl screaming all the time, absolutely NOT 4 stars. If you compare it with the 3rd Japan show (which is 4 stars), it's not more than 3. It's up there with Chrisedge's recording, hard to say which one is better, there's not much difference.

Oh and did I mention Sendspace sucks? I'll try to reupload it on Rapidshare. Maybe I'll replace the link from the Honolulu show here too, I'll have to think about that, comparing the bootlegs a bit more.
  3. I suppose it all comes down to personal choice (and software settings when listening to something). I made the mistake of posting the link before I'd listened to the entire recording. The samples I listened to I thought were definitely crisper and cleaner than the other sources I'd listened to.

I didn't choose to use sendspace, that was the link which was posted on Joe Ahorros' site. As far as I can tell, all file sharing sites are good some of the time, pretty crap a lot of the time and downright crap at all other times. If Sendspace is worse than Megaupload or rapidshare then it's only marginally worse and again it's all a matter of opinion , much like deciding which one of 3 recordings is better than another.
  4. Originally posted by DougielI suppose it all comes down to personal choice (and software settings when listening to something). I made the mistake of posting the link before I'd listened to the entire recording. The samples I listened to I thought were definitely crisper and cleaner than the other sources I'd listened to.

I didn't choose to use sendspace, that was the link which was posted on Joe Ahorros' site. As far as I can tell, all file sharing sites are good some of the time, pretty crap a lot of the time and downright crap at all other times. If Sendspace is worse than Megaupload or rapidshare then it's only marginally worse and again it's all a matter of opinion , much like deciding which one of 3 recordings is better than another.

You're complete right there! Sendspace is much slower than Rapidshare, but you can up- and download larger files with Sendspace so that's a plus for them. We prefer to host as many as we can through Rapidshare 'cause they won't delete our files, never (as long as we have premium) and that's really important for a website like U2start. And sendspace is not available in many countries too.

I'll have a second listen on my other sound system (previous listen was on my notebook) and then decide what to do
  5. Well, after a few extra listens I think it's indeed better, I'll replace the link from the recording on U2start too.

Edit: done!