1. I said yesterday I couldn’t see the ESL come to fruition.I mean seriously,how on earth could it?
  2. Don't be acting like Chelski and Man City have done something good, lol

Grazie
  3. Haven't been following the news as it was a bit too much going on for something I don't really care about, so... What's going on? Why is it falling apart?
  4. Chelsea and Man city are out, Barcelona and Atletico are packing their bags according to the BBC and Ed Woodward has resigned as Manchester United Executive Vice-Chairman with the owners saying they "have listened to the fans" which must mean they are out the ESL door as well.

Juventus have opened their suitcase. Who will be the last out?
  5. They’ve listened to the fans. Utter bollocks. Where were the consultations with the fans? Where were the open forums with season ticket holders? It backfired spectacularly and now they are trying to save face. The chairman of each and every club should walk.
  6. Fully expect Real Madrid will be the last ones out, or at least still a part of it when it is officially dead. Surprised United have started to make moves, though it seems they have just brought forward the announcement of Woodward leaving rather than showing intent to leave. With JP Morgan involved, I was expecting the clubs owned by Americans to in for the long haul. Chelsea and Man City are the two clubs involved that need the money the least, so it’s no surprise they’ve pulled out first.

All 12 should still be punished in some way though regardless of whether they change their mind or it dissolves.

And UEFA should be taking a long hard look at themselves as well after these warning shots have been fired. Their proposed new format for the Champions League isn’t much better. No team, regardless of history should be guaranteed a spot in any competition. If you don’t earn it, you don’t deserve it.

7. Let's also not pretend that UEFA, FIFA, The Premier League, FA, Seria A, La Liga, SKY sports etc are the good guys here. The only reason they kicked off was because the Super League would be taking money away from them.
  8. Originally posted by SJKamal:Let's also not pretend that UEFA, FIFA, The Premier League, FA, Seria A, La Liga, SKY sports etc are the good guys here. The only reason they kicked off was because the Super League would be taking money away from them.
    The only takeaway from all of this is that the sport is a little bit broken. There is too much money and too many people want too big a cut.
  9. Football has been and will continue to be broken for a very long time. It won't change until these "elite" clubs aren't seen as empires. Every couple of years or so they try to reform the game or propose a project that is in favour for them. We, as the rest of football have to draw the line. They cannot keep getting away with this without any consequences. They should all be deducted 10 points at the start of next season and start on -10.
  10. Thank god the rugby hasn’t went full football yet. The signs are there but it’s safe for now. The money just isn’t there to corrupt it (yet).
  11. I've read the news now. Very glad this madness is falling apart less than 48 hours after the announcement even if the motivations are clearly not the right ones, it's good to see them retreating.